fall off date

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: fall off date

@titanofold wrote:

@Libra85 wrote:

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Are these requests to remove the entire TL?  I have an account that isn't showing up as a flag on my report, yet there are three 60 days that show from May, June, July 2007 and I am wondering if it would help me to see if they will remove those now.  I want the account to stay on for the full ten years due to the age of it.

Yes these request are to have the entire TL removed. mainly because they were charge offs, written off as bad debt. To have lates removed early you will have to GW the original creditor. 

I am willing to bet that it's early exlusion and not removal/deletion.

So, those that go for a TL over $150,000, those bad TLs will still be there if the lender requests a complete report.

When it comes to unpaid debt, they are all the same.  Excluded, deleted, removal all mean the same thing.  They are just not viewable on a CR but maintained in your credit file and can be seen under certain circumstances, one of which you mentioned.

Message 41 of 70
flustered
Established Member

I had forgotten that my husband disputed 2 pain accounts with TU online. One was due to come off 12/2015 and the other 7/2016. The first one we emailed the CA and asked for a goodwill deletion. They emailed back and said they report accurate info but since it was so old if we disputed it online they wouldn't verify therefore it would be removed. This morning we received an email from TU saying both accounts were deleted. I was shocked. Thought it was a shot in the dark since they weren't due to be off for a while! Wonder if he will see any minor jump on his score.
Message 42 of 70
Libra85
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@titanofold wrote:

@Libra85 wrote:

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Are these requests to remove the entire TL?  I have an account that isn't showing up as a flag on my report, yet there are three 60 days that show from May, June, July 2007 and I am wondering if it would help me to see if they will remove those now.  I want the account to stay on for the full ten years due to the age of it.

Yes these request are to have the entire TL removed. mainly because they were charge offs, written off as bad debt. To have lates removed early you will have to GW the original creditor. 

I am willing to bet that it's early exlusion and not removal/deletion.

So, those that go for a TL over $150,000, those bad TLs will still be there if the lender requests a complete report.

When it comes to unpaid debt, they are all the same.  Excluded, deleted, removal all mean the same thing.  They are just not viewable on a CR but maintained in your credit file and can be seen under certain circumstances, one of which you mentioned.

So if I apply for a mortgage and something was deleted early or aged off the underwriter would still be able to see it?  Will they make you pay the debt if it is 7-10 years old. What the difference in PFD?

October 2021
Message 43 of 70
Libra85
Regular Contributor

@flustered wrote:
I had forgotten that my husband disputed 2 pain accounts with TU online. One was due to come off 12/2015 and the other 7/2016. The first one we emailed the CA and asked for a goodwill deletion. They emailed back and said they report accurate info but since it was so old if we disputed it online they wouldn't verify therefore it would be removed. This morning we received an email from TU saying both accounts were deleted. I was shocked. Thought it was a shot in the dark since they weren't due to be off for a while! Wonder if he will see any minor jump on his score.

Good for you. That will really help you out having negative items deleted early. You will a boost in scores if they had balances. Your income to debit ratio will go down. 

October 2021
Message 44 of 70
flustered
Established Member

They were paid collections. So I'm not sure if We will see a rise or not. It's all so confusing to me but I've learned so much on these boards. Our BK is due to come off in September. Sure wish they would remove that early!
Message 45 of 70
anjel4
New Contributor

I've Transunion twice today and their saying they can't remove anything. Sound like it's outsourced outside of US.

Message 46 of 70
Sobo
New Contributor

So old accounts that were sold to another institution or written off as bad debt - those are the accounts we could have removed? And we expect it to come off 7 years from the date of first delinquency?

5/17/13 Starting 627
Current Score 776
Goal 800
Message 47 of 70
ctd22308

Ok. 2007 was a bad year for me.  I have the below still showing on my CR's:

Cap One: 30 Days - 9/2007 & 11/2007; Date of last payment 12/2010, $0 Bal

Wells Fargo Finanial (auto) - 30 Days 5/2007, 8/2007, 10/2007 & 11/2007; Date of last payment 9/2008, $0 bal

First Premier - 30's - 120 from 6/2007 - 10/2007, Date of last payment 9/2008, $0 bal.

I also have a few lates on my mortgage but don't wan this TL deleted since i Had from 2002 - 2010 and this was my only lates, and have had 2 mortgage refis with them never late.

If I am understanding this right these should all fall off later this year, but I could start calling th bureaus and maybe get them to delete these earlier????  OR since these are so old and $0 balance is there any reason to just leave as is until they fall off naturally????

Message 48 of 70
titanofold
Established Contributor

@ctd22308 wrote:

Ok. 2007 was a bad year for me.  I have the below still showing on my CR's:

Cap One: 30 Days - 9/2007 & 11/2007; Date of last payment 12/2010, $0 Bal Last Payment Detail Drops Off 12/2017, Account remains until 12/2020

Wells Fargo Finanial (auto) - 30 Days 5/2007, 8/2007, 10/2007 & 11/2007; Date of last payment 9/2008, $0 bal Last Payment Detail Drops Off 9/2015, Account remains until 9/2018

First Premier - 30's - 120 from 6/2007 - 10/2007, Date of last payment 9/2008, $0 bal. Last Payment Detail Drops Off 9/2015, Account remains until 9/2018

I also have a few lates on my mortgage but don't wan this TL deleted since i Had from 2002 - 2010 and this was my only lates, and have had 2 mortgage refis with them never late.

If I am understanding this right these should all fall off later this year, but I could start calling th bureaus and maybe get them to delete these earlier????  OR since these are so old and $0 balance is there any reason to just leave as is until they fall off naturally????

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 49 of 70
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Just called TU twice.  Tried to get my one and only blemish, ( PR ), taken off of my report and they refused.  So, I will wait 4 more months till it drops.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 50 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.