Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fingerhut reported lost 8 points

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

fingerhut reported lost 8 points

Well my new fingerhut account reported today lost 8 points in my Eq fico score. This is the first time sense I have had sw that I lost points in my score. How long do you think till I get those points back?
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: fingerhut reported lost 8 points

@bigblue7722 wrote:
Well my new fingerhut account reported today lost 8 points in my Eq fico score. This is the first time sense I have had sw that I lost points in my score. How long do you think till I get those points back?

There's really no way to tell when you will get those points back I wish I could give you a time frame but YMMV

Congarts on the new TL reporting

The good news is now that you have a new TL your file will look even better to help get those points back

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

There's really no way to tell when you will get those points back I wish I could give you a time frame but YMMV

The good news is now that you have a new TL your file will look even better to help get those points back

Thank you! I just joined a credit Union as well I did a secured credit card and a secured loan with them I swear I'm done till July 2014 I hope lol. I just wanted to make sure when my scores get high enough for chase freedom or discover it they can't say I didn't have enough accounts. I will have 4 credit cards on eq and tu, 3 cards for ex, 1 secured loan and 2 student loan accounts however one of which has like 9 90+ day lates.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Thank you! I just joined a credit Union as well I did a secured credit card and a secured loan with them I swear I'm done till July 2014 I hope lol. I just wanted to make sure when my scores get high enough for chase freedom or discover it they can't say I didn't have enough accounts. I will have 4 credit cards on eq and tu, 3 cards for ex, 1 secured loan and 2 student loan accounts however one of which has like 9 90+ day lates.

Perfect time to garden and work on the lates with GW's while your scores rebound for those new cards you want.

Chase normally pulls EX but sometimes EQ if borderline resulting in double pulls

Discover pulled EQ from my app in June but has also been known to pull TU

With all those accounts reporting positive history those points will come back fairly quick IMHO

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 6
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Perfect time to garden and work on the lates with GW's while your scores rebound for those new cards you want.

Chase normally pulls EX but sometimes EQ if borderline resulting in double pulls

With all those accounts reporting positive history those points will come back fairly quick IMHO

Good willing those lates is near impossible with Sallie Mae lol but Citibank who had the loan first actually screwed up and tried to charge me for when I was in deferment. So that account looks good now its just Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae consumer advocate sent me a letter saying they don't do goodwill however, the letter did say that they are only required to report to at least one credit agencie so now I am asking if they can remove the account from two of them so they are still within federal requirements. I know it won't happen its worth a shot though.

Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Good willing those lates is near impossible with Sallie Mae lol but Citibank who had the loan first actually screwed up and tried to charge me for when I was in deferment. So that account looks good now its just Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae consumer advocate sent me a letter saying they don't do goodwill however, the letter did say that they are only required to report to at least one credit agencie so now I am asking if they can remove the account from two of them so they are still within federal requirements. I know it won't happen its worth a shot though.

Good luck maybe you will be the one who changes thing someone has to be firstSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.