Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first premier reporting closed charged off account as open, what can i do

tag
Rlupo810
New Contributor

first premier reporting closed charged off account as open, what can i do

I had a $300 limit first premier card that i got back in 2010, in 2013 due to some unforseen circumstances i went over my limit and they closed the account as a charge off.

Now all of a sudden about a week ago it updated on my reports and it is showing as an open tradeline that is charged off. What should i do?

Also I just realized that according to myfico an old verizon wireless cellphone account is posting as revolving credit, is that normal?

Starting Score: Equifax 456 Transunion 442 Experian 472
Current Score: Equifax 548 Transunion 567 Experian 557
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: first premier reporting closed charged off account as open, what can i do

If the debt has been charged=off, the creditor has almost always closed the account to further use.

Thus, reporting as Open is almost certainy an error.

You can contact them informally and request update, or file a forml disipute if you wish the inaccuracy corrected.

Personally, I would do nothing, as it is not affecting the debt or your scoring.

Message 2 of 6
Rlupo810
New Contributor

Well the reason i ask is it it currently showing as an open account with 157% utilization, but it says charged off.. 

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If it was corrected to read closed, the debt would still exist and would be included in your utilization.

Message 4 of 6
Rlupo810
New Contributor

So on that note do you think i should just leave it alone?

It kinda scared me as i am trying to rebuild again and about a week ago i recieved 2 credit alerts. 

The first one was that a negative account was removed (first premier)

The second one was a new account was added.. First premier with an open status and charged off.

It just seems like its odd reporting.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes me wonder what they are up to.  I have a similar situation with them on one of my reports.  It shows differently on all three reports, but on one it shows it's still open and OK until Oct/Nov 2014 where it shows CO and it's claiming a 90+ on those two months and Dec 2010.  The card was closed in 2008.  FPB has some very odd reporting practices, for sure. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.