Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frustrated.....CO returned...

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: frustrated.....CO returned...

+1

Look at the DV process as one compelling cessation of collection activities by that debt collector rather than one compelling them to provide verification.

New debt collector = new need to compel their cessation of collection on the debt = new decision on their part whether to provide verification or to cease active collection.

Message 11 of 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for the help.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 12 of 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Prior to me posting this...I had sent IC Systems a DV via their contact form on the website. I just got a letter in the mail stating they are going to delete the CA.

There is power in educating people.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 13 of 14
favored12
Valued Member

I have had this same scenario happen to me recently. Neither collection agency sent dunning notices within the five days of reporting. I have however relocated to a different state from the alleged debt. Would they be able to use not having my current address as a way to get out of the dunning notice violation? My credit report does show my current address so I'm sure they could get it if they wanted too. I sent DVs to them last week so I'm waiting on a response.

Starting Score: EQ-485 TU-558 EX-576 AUG2012
Current Score: EQ-533 TU-621 EX-644 NOV2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.