Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting back in with DCU

tag
40thieves
Valued Member

Re: getting back in with DCU

OK, called today....

The CS agent said that yes, my deposit (membership) account is still open, BUT that I owe them $1,495.  I said, "ha, no I do not, I paid you in April and in fact spoke to someone in Collections in May  because the chargeoff was still reporting a balance, at which point the Collections agent checked and said why yes you ARE paid off, we'll fix the reporting.  Which they did".

So CS transferred me to Collections, where they do not, in fact, have a record of my having paid and still think I owe them $1,495.  

And I, the hoarder, said "Why look, I have the very cashier's check receipt for my payment afore me, would you like the issuing bank name and check number?"

After which the Collections agent said, "please send me a picture of the receipt, we will get back to you in a few days as we close in one minute" (I'm on the West Coast, they're in Massachusetts).

So that's where we are now.  

The useful DP for you, though, is that my membership account is still open, which means that yours probably is too and once you've paid them off, you can start to rebuild a relationship with them.

Message 11 of 13
40thieves
Valued Member

Ok, finally got the SNAFU with DCU cleared up (I provided proof that they had in fact received AND deposited my cashier's check.  It took them two weeks to properly credit me after I sent a scan of the deposited check, which was deposited on 4/15).

My share/savings account is still open and I am a member in good standing.  The overdrawn checking account was closed. I applied to open a checking again, should hear from them within a few days (it is not automatic with them).

My Loan Suite shows that I am pre-approved for a Quick Loan of up to $2,000 though I suspect that if I were to actually complete the app that might change.  

But there you have it.  If they'll keep me as a member after sending a loan to collections and an overdraft of $1495 for a year and a half, you should have no trouble getting back in.

Message 12 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@40thieves wrote:

Ok, finally got the SNAFU with DCU cleared up (I provided proof that they had in fact received AND deposited my cashier's check.  It took them two weeks to properly credit me after I sent a scan of the deposited check, which was deposited on 4/15).

My share/savings account is still open and I am a member in good standing.  The overdrawn checking account was closed. I applied to open a checking again, should hear from them within a few days (it is not automatic with them).

My Loan Suite shows that I am pre-approved for a Quick Loan of up to $2,000 though I suspect that if I were to actually complete the app that might change.  

But there you have it.  If they'll keep me as a member after sending a loan to collections and an overdraft of $1495 for a year and a half, you should have no trouble getting back in.

Thank you for coming back to update us. 👍

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.