Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting incorrect mortgage deleted

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

getting incorrect mortgage deleted

has anyone had success getting an incorrect mortgage deleted? what method did you use, what approach did you take? i have a mortgage 180 days past due for the last few months for a property im trying to sell. i might dispute the account because i believe the date of first delinqency is incorrect, and due to the loan being sold a few times the servicer does not have the appropriate documentation.

also, how long does it usually take before the bank will charge off the loan? for those who have gone through a foreclose, did it eventually show up in the public records section of your credit report or not? how much did your score drop? this property is under water 100k and the bank doesnt want to seem to work something out.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: getting incorrect mortgage deleted

Doubtful that you will get a full removal. At 180 days reporting late, it is a major derog. You can fight the dold, but what will it do? If you have not brought current, you will still be at 180 days. Each servicer is different in the foreclosure process. Ask this ques in the appropriate forum for more answers. You are facing 7 years of affected credit. It is just how it is. Been there!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.