Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goodwill deletion maybe??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

goodwill deletion maybe??

I just mailed a goodwill letter to a credit card bank last week. I pretty much gave up on the idea of it ever working as these seem to be the exception to the rule from what I hear. A strange thing just happened. I subscribe to equifax monitoring service and I got an alert. The alert stated "activity on a closed account". The only accounts that I have closed were closed like 4 years ago. I have never got an alert on paying off a remaining balance. I paid the final payment on the card like 3 weeks before mailing the goodwill letter. I may be getting my hopes up for nothing. Goodwill deletion maybe?? Fingers crossed.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: goodwill deletion maybe??

Crap...never expected this in a million years. The account I just referenced has been reported closed/inactive for 4 years...except for the monthly payments I have been making. I never expected a goodwill letter to do this. I am assuming that they deleted the negs as I requested. I don't know yet. But when I logged onto my old account I noticed a red notice in my inbox. I read it and my account has been reactivated and new card is on the way! Anybody ever hear of this happening? Definitely not what I was expecting.
Message 2 of 4
DueDilligence
Contributor

They are giving you a great new opportunity to redeem yourself and repair your credit. Anything is better than having a paid negative closed account on a credit card. You will definitely have a hard time establishing a new relationship with anyone...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I can say is....WOW!!! I had never expected anything like this. Many thanks to the members here that encouraged me to keep trying and never give up. Thanks to all!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.