Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goodwill letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

goodwill letter

I was wondering? Im getting ready to send some goodwill letters to my creditors. Should i write it out with paper and pen or type it up and send it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: goodwill letter

Handwritten letters can be a pain in the ass to read - especially if the person's job is to read letters all day.  Probably not a good idea to annoy the person who will decide whether to remove something from your credit report.  Typed letters should be fine I would think but I'm no expert 

Message 2 of 5
kimbersleep
Contributor

I'm not an expert either, but I say go with typing your letter on a computer and printing it out. You can hand-sign if you like.

Even if your handwriting is very neat, it is much easier to check and correct spelling and grammar if you can type it out in a program like Word or Google Docs.

Plus, schools haven't been teaching kids to read or write cursive for awhile. If an early-career employee gets your letter, don't want to run the risk of them not being able to read it.

Good luck!!

04/20/17 - Fico Score 8: EQ 695, TU 689, EX 728; Mortgage: EQ 731, TU 740, EX 815 [Starting Point on MyFico]
05/09/18 - Fico Score 8: EQ 827, TU 821, EX 811; Mortgage: EQ 815, TU 795, EX 822 [Latest MyFico 3B]
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I typed mine. Granted, my mailed gw letters have not been responded to yet and plan to send more in about 10 days if I receive no reply. Just tweek each one to be in relation to the time frame of your negative remark (late payment, charge off, etc). I saved the letters on word so I can tweek it as needed for subsequent letters and different companies. Haven't had any success yet but just providing my input on what I did Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice! Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.