Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got first response to HIPAA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

got first response to HIPAA

Hi all,

I've been waiting patiently now for a month and I finally got a response from one CA, Bay Area Credit Services. However, it is sort of a friendly dunning/settlement letter, not a validation.

It says:

Your account Ambulance Services provided by American Medical Response (AMR) has been purchased by AFS-HOV and assigned to Bay Area Credit Services for collection.

We are offering you the opportunity to settle this debt at a discount. We will accept 30% of the total amount owing, which is $207.83 as settlement in full of this debt. This settlement offer may be accepted at any time duyring 21 days from the date of this notice and as soon as you choose.

This settlement offer does not in any way diminish or reduce your rights to dispute this debt as set forth on the reverse side of this notice. If you wish to dispute this debt you may do so and still have time to take oadvantage of this settlement offer. If you wish to dispute the debt we will have sufficient time to investigate your dispute and provide you with the verification of the debt before the 30-day period expires. You may then decide upon whether or not to accept this sttlement offer.

Sincerely, etc..

So does this mean they can or cannot validate the debt? It's all they've sent, they verified to the CRAs and I DVd them individually as well as sent the pre-HIPAA (oops! overkill.)

In fact, I just got back the green card from my follow-up HIPAA letter!

Do I continue on, send the GC and a copy of my letter to the CRAs now?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: got first response to HIPAA

bump
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.