Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gw letters

tag
punkin
Established Member

gw letters

can you only send a gw letter and get results if the accounts have a 0 balance?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: gw letters

You can send a GW for any account...a closed(paid) account...an open late account...but GW letter as mostly used for...getting a paid collection/charge off removed...or getting negative notations...of any account removed...
Message 2 of 6
punkin
Established Member

i have some lates i want to see if i can get removed.
most of them are from 2004 and 2005 the 2 years after my divorce when my financial situation was a mess.  i am working to get the accounts paid in full and have paid on time since but they still have balances and wondered if i send a gw letter if they might possibly remove a couple of the lates and hoping this might help my score. 
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this an open account???...if so...then it is fair game...all companies are not so forgiving...and will simply ignore a GW...GOOD LUCK!!!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to remove on e paid off account from my credit, but I don't completely understand what a GW letter is and where it should be sent: to credit bureau or to the company that I had account with?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

GWs go to whoever you paid.......be careful of closed accounts IF you need them for length of history. It is easier to delete the complete TL instead of just lates.

GW letters are asking (begging) for a baddie correction

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.