Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help-Credit score dropped 78 points from citicard late

tag
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

help-Credit score dropped 78 points from citicard late

I have autopay on all my accts-called in to activate a new citibank credit card(they just changed reg card to elite) and they sent me to payments-apparently my autopay of $100 was not enough on my citibank card so was marked late and sent to credit bureau. I know its my fault because I should  have checked my acct periodicaly but was working away from home. Just recently put a larger than usual amt on card and plan to pay it off when i come home. Anyone know if i can write or talk to citibank to see if they can remove this from my report-please any suggestions. I have been with them a long time with $42,000 credit line-i have since paid off the acct but need help. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help-Credit score dropped 78 points from citicard late

Write a goodwill letter to CEO. Many on here has had success getting late payments removed that way. Explain what happened and plead for removal citing your long history, no lates previously, and your commitment to maintaining a positive relationship with them. I'm confident they will remove it.
Message 2 of 4
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Write a goodwill letter to CEO. Many on here has had success getting late payments removed that way. Explain what happened and plead for removal citing your long history, no lates previously, and your commitment to maintaining a positive relationship with them. I'm confident they will remove it.

thank You-was so depressed today. Is that a email or snail mail to write to CEO and where would i find the address? on website. I did get a fico score and its much better than the creditwise score but still lower than my norm-have worked hard to maintain good credit

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search this site to see if any other members stated they contacted them. If so, send that user a private message asking for the email. The mailing address is easier to come across. It will most likely be listed several times on this site by other members.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.