Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hire someone to fix my credit?

tag
durak
Established Member

hire someone to fix my credit?

Can anyone recommend a company who specializes in credit repair?  Basically I just want to pay off my collection accounts and have someone write dispute letters if necessary and make sure paid off accounts are cleared from my credit report.

I know many of you have done this yourself which is great!  I just don't have the time nor patience to do this!  

Thanks - D 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: hire someone to fix my credit?

@durak wrote:

Can anyone recommend a company who specializes in credit repair?  Basically I just want to pay off my collection accounts and have someone write dispute letters if necessary and make sure paid off accounts are cleared from my credit report.

I know many of you have done this yourself which is great!  I just don't have the time nor patience to do this!  

Thanks - D 

No one can guarantee you that they will get collections deleted.  No one will care as much about cleaning up your credit as you will.  No one will be able to make the decisions for you of what it is worth to you to get an item off your report.

It becomes an obsession, i'll grant you that, but honestly imo there is nothing better than doing it yourself as you will never make those same mistakes again once you have had to clear up everything and you'll also save a ton of money

Message 2 of 4
durak
Established Member

Good points...How can I educate myself on the repair process?  Books, credit repair kits, etc...Any recommendations?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

durak wrote:
Good points...How can I educate myself on the repair process?  Books, credit repair kits, etc...Any recommendations?

I'd suggest reading the following:

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

and What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.