Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much score should increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how much score should increase?

hello, wanted to ask a quick question. my credit utilization is around 90% but im about to pay it down by the end of this month to under 10%

How much do you think my credit score will go up when its reported to all 3 Credit Bureaus next month as long as i keep utilization under the 10%

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
hoang817
Regular Contributor

Re: how much score should increase?

credits utilization is not the only factor for your scores. last month i went to my credit union bank and asked for $1000 secure credit builder saving account and my scores improved 40 points after 1 month reported.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hello, wanted to ask a quick question. my credit utilization is around 90% but im about to pay it down by the end of this month to under 10%

How much do you think my credit score will go up when its reported to all 3 Credit Bureaus next month as long as i keep utilization under the 10%

Impossible to say - could be 30 points, could be 130... depends on your overall profile. The cleaner your profile is, the more it can potentially go up. "keeping" it under 10 percent (from month to month) makes no difference, UTI does not have a memory.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok was going to et my wife another vehicle and just trying to get the best APR possible
Message 4 of 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

In that case, yes you want 1 card reporting less than 9% UTI (for that card) and the others to report a zero balance for optimal scoring. Any time you aren't planning on applying for new credit the UTI doesn't matter as long as it's not high. Like NormanFH said, it gas no memory.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.