cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how often does Target's free credit monitoring refresh report?

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

how often does Target's free credit monitoring refresh report?

I have a free year at protectmyid thanks to Target's data breach, which gives me the experian report and promises to notify me of any changes.  I logged in today and under "current report" they are still showing the one they pulled when I signed up.

Do any of you know how often they refresh that?  Is it only when there is a major change, or is it a monthly/quarterly deal?

Thanks,

-p

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
momtothree23

Re: how often does Target's free credit monitoring refresh report?

I have Targets free credit monitoring as well and opened up and express card 5 days ago and just received an email from them notifying me that an express card was opened so I assume they refresh quite frequently.

Message 2 of 5
Shokk
Established Contributor

@momtothree23 wrote:

I have Targets free credit monitoring as well and opened up and express card 5 days ago and just received an email from them notifying me that an express card was opened so I assume they refresh quite frequently.

This means they reported something new, not that they updated the actual report you can view.  I was curious as well.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 3 of 5
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Actually, IIRC, you get only one report (ever) during the entire year of your free monitoring.

You get updates ONLY when somebody tries to open credit in your name or your address changes on you EX CR. Some people have reported they're not even getting that. It doesn't report balance changes, aging of accounts, or any of the other usual stuff.

It's a pretty lame service, but then it's designed only for key ID protection things and it's free.

Message 4 of 5
p-
Valued Contributor

you get what you pay for, I guess...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.