Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to handle midland advice needed and email needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to handle midland advice needed and email needed

Due to the amount of lawsuits MCM has received, I have decided to not do ANY business with them.

MCM purchased one account from Credit One Bank on 1/27/16 in the amount of $458.91.

I am needing advice, on two options I give

1. Contact Credit One Bank and ask them to recall the collection and assign it to a new C/A.

2. Dispute again using emails.

I am wondering what is the best option and if option 2 is better, I need the email for MCM.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: how to handle midland advice needed and email needed

If MCM purchased the debt from the creditor, they cannot terminate the collection authority, as the authority is not based on any assignment from the creditor, but rather upon their ownership of the debt.  Thus, option 1 would not be possible.

A new dispute that is substantially the same as a prior dispute can be dismissed as frivoulous or irrelevant without any need for investigation.

Do you have a new basis for supporting a new dispute?

Even if you have basis for a dispute, unless the basis is lack of validity of the debt, it would not mandate any deletion of the collection itself.

If MCM owns the debt and you refuse to deal with them, then you must consider their options.

Is the debt now outside of SOL?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.