Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hsbc goodwill success

tag
breakdown1987
Valued Member

hsbc goodwill success

Recently was able to goodwill hsbc. heres the backstory. In 2008 I was approved on a bestbuy credit card through hsbc. When I went to activate the card, I was transferred to someone in India. She didn't speak good English at all. While activating my card she kept insisting I sign up for credit keeper, in which would be billed monthly to this new card. I kept telling her no, but she kept insisting. When it was all said and done, I thought I got the point across, I wasn't interested however she pulled a fast one and signed me up anyway.

For the next 3 months, I was living at home, on campus, off campus, had a po box. Well, this credit keeper sent my account past due 90 days. I had never received a bill, and when I finally found out I paid it off, and HSBC closed the account. I had planned to fix this right away but with, school, work, and life, I was slammed and put this aside.

Fast forward 2 years, yup it was still there. I'm looking at buying a house and trying to boost my score as much as possible. Was able to find a decent goodwill letter online tweak it and mail it. A week later, myfico notified me that the 90 day late was removed and the account was closed in good standing. Never personally heard from hsbc, I just know someone removed it.

Here's the letter I used. Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting it.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you concerning a collection enacted against me on March of 2008. In March of 2008, I opened a HSBC/Best Buy account with a limit of $900. I had never actually purchased anything with this account. There was infact some sort of ‘credit monitoring service’ that was associated with the account. Unfortunately I was never aware of this, and the small monthly fee is what sent the account past due.

In 2008, I was moving back and fourth a lot because I was attending an out of State University. For whatever reason, I did not receive the bill they mailed me. Once I discovered this collection on a credit report did I realize that I owed a balance of $31 (if my memory serves me correctly) which I promptly paid in full In September of 2008.

I am writing asking you to delete this negative information from my credit history.  I have always had a stable income from a full time job and would have easily paid my balance if I had known about it.  I have never been late paying any bill, credit card, or loan, other than this collection. My credit history is excellent.  Honestly, I feel a little silly having a negative mark on my credit report for such a relatively small amount of money. In conjunction with an account I had never used!

I am shopping for a home mortgage and negative reports such as this may preclude me from receiving a good interest rate or even qualifying for a loan at all.  Since this past collection does not reflect my current ability to pay my balances on time I am asking you to please ask the credit agencies to delete it from my record.  Since this collection record will be removed from my history in a few years anyway, I am kindly asking you to erase it just a little earlier.  I know that you are under no such obligation to do so, but I am begging you to show some goodwill and help assist me and my family in our search for a good home.  Please let me know if any additional information would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

Sincerely,

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: hsbc goodwill success

Good letter. Congratulations on being able to get that bad mark off your reports. Hopefully your letter will help someone else in a similar situation.
Message 2 of 114
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Where did you send your HSBC good will to? I have had a lot of luck with most places, but these guys are eluding my grasp! haha

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 114
rocar83
Established Member

Congrats on your deletion. Could you pm the address you sent the letter to? thanks 

Message 4 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congatulations! Can you message me the address you used? I just sent a letter to them for a late from 2006. Thanks!

Message 5 of 114
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Would also appreciate the address.  Had a 60 day with them in 07 and haven't been able to get it removed. 

Btw, great letter and congrats!

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 6 of 114
beautifulonyx
Established Member

Congratulations on your success with this! Can you PM the address you used? Ive been trying to get through to these guys as well.

Thanks

Current Scores: TU Fico - 590 and EQ Fico - 576
Goal - 700!
Message 7 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats. could you PM me the address as well?

Message 8 of 114
winstars
Regular Contributor

@breakdown1987 wrote:

Recently was able to goodwill hsbc. heres the backstory. In 2008 I was approved on a bestbuy credit card through hsbc. When I went to activate the card, I was transferred to someone in India. She didn't speak good English at all. While activating my card she kept insisting I sign up for credit keeper, in which would be billed monthly to this new card. I kept telling her no, but she kept insisting. When it was all said and done, I thought I got the point across, I wasn't interested however she pulled a fast one and signed me up anyway.

For the next 3 months, I was living at home, on campus, off campus, had a po box. Well, this credit keeper sent my account past due 90 days. I had never received a bill, and when I finally found out I paid it off, and HSBC closed the account. I had planned to fix this right away but with, school, work, and life, I was slammed and put this aside.

Fast forward 2 years, yup it was still there. I'm looking at buying a house and trying to boost my score as much as possible. Was able to find a decent goodwill letter online tweak it and mail it. A week later, myfico notified me that the 90 day late was removed and the account was closed in good standing. Never personally heard from hsbc, I just know someone removed it.

Here's the letter I used. Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting it.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you concerning a collection enacted against me on March of 2008. In March of 2008, I opened a HSBC/Best Buy account with a limit of $900. I had never actually purchased anything with this account. There was infact some sort of ‘credit monitoring service’ that was associated with the account. Unfortunately I was never aware of this, and the small monthly fee is what sent the account past due.

In 2008, I was moving back and fourth a lot because I was attending an out of State University. For whatever reason, I did not receive the bill they mailed me. Once I discovered this collection on a credit report did I realize that I owed a balance of $31 (if my memory serves me correctly) which I promptly paid in full In September of 2008.

I am writing asking you to delete this negative information from my credit history.  I have always had a stable income from a full time job and would have easily paid my balance if I had known about it.  I have never been late paying any bill, credit card, or loan, other than this collection. My credit history is excellent.  Honestly, I feel a little silly having a negative mark on my credit report for such a relatively small amount of money. In conjunction with an account I had never used!

I am shopping for a home mortgage and negative reports such as this may preclude me from receiving a good interest rate or even qualifying for a loan at all.  Since this past collection does not reflect my current ability to pay my balances on time I am asking you to please ask the credit agencies to delete it from my record.  Since this collection record will be removed from my history in a few years anyway, I am kindly asking you to erase it just a little earlier.  I know that you are under no such obligation to do so, but I am begging you to show some goodwill and help assist me and my family in our search for a good home.  Please let me know if any additional information would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

Sincerely,

Yes it's a great letter indeed and congrats on getting it done!!!! Like others here, can you please pm me the info you used for victory????

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 114
breakdown1987
Valued Member

thanks, i responded to all you guys. good luck

Message 10 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.