Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hsbc/orchard-charged off

tag
dbslove
Contributor

hsbc/orchard-charged off

Hello all and Happy reporting! Question I have a charge off account in which Calvary Portfolio is handling and has been for 2 months, should I contact the OC or work with Portfolio? I have not read many good stories concerning Portfolio..help
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
someone379
Regular Contributor

Re: hsbc/orchard-charged off

I'm sure it goes both ways, but I had to deal with Calvery Portfolio a few years back on an account sent to them with about $6000 ... I actually worked with them for a year to pay that off and I found that they were one of the "better" agencies to work with, told them what I could and could not do and they didnt try to get me to do otherwise... by better than others I mean I didnt have the urge to reach through the phone and strangle / slap the person on the other end of the line everytime I talked to them.

Of course, milage may very.

Starting Score: EQ 503 TU 478" "Current Scores: EQ >750 TU >750 EX >750
IHG (19k) | Discover IT (18k) | BCE (14.5k) | SPG (14k) | CashForward (7.5) | Citi DC (6k) | TE (5.5k) | Marriott (5k) | Citi Best Buy (5k) | Amz VISA (3k) | BofA Cash Rewards (4.5k) | FNBO 6.25% AMEX (2.3k) | Amz Store (CLOSED) | QS1 ($1.6k)
Message 2 of 7
2NE1
Established Contributor

@dbslove wrote:
Hello all and Happy reporting! Question I have a charge off account in which Calvary Portfolio is handling and has been for 2 months, should I contact the OC or work with Portfolio? I have not read many good stories concerning Portfolio..help

are BOTH reporting as negative? I suggest you contact HSBC and try to PFD the CO because paying and then GW'ing will NOT work! I've been trying for five months straight sending GWs to HSBC and they won't budge. Good luck!

Message 3 of 7
dbslove
Contributor

HSBC stopped reporting when Calvary began, HSBC updated to show $0 balance and now Calvary is reporting the balance since 1/12. I know that HSBC just merged with Cap1 but I was not sure if would be better for me to pay Calvary the $575 or pay it to OC, either way I would like to GW HSBC for the negatives and PFD Calvary but after reading on the board I am not sure that will happen.

Message 4 of 7
ecrad17
New Contributor

I too have the same issue. I haven't heard a lot off success with PFD with Portfolio, only paying them and then GW. HSBC is another tough nut to crack.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

dbslove and ecrad17 check your PM's for info on Cavalry. 

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I presume that the OC did the charge-off?

If so, the debt collector has nothing to do with that reporting.

If the OC still owns the debt, you can PFD them regarding the CO, or PFD the debt collector regarding their collection (deletion, if they have reported a collection, or promise not to report, if not yet reported).

Neither can agree to deletion of reporting made by the other.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.