cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i wonder how people find out you are repairing your credit?

tag
amersafe
Valued Member

i wonder how people find out you are repairing your credit?

i recieved a phone call from a CA/DRS talking about a account from 1999 which they claim i last made a payment on in 2000 (don't remember) any way they offered me a pay out which i declined since i'm not claiming a debt i can't remember now they have sent me a letter out.The debt is not on my CR but DRS just did a C pull on me. should i worry i know the SOL is 5 years I live in the state of Florida advice any one on this 13 year old deal!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MaRain
Regular Contributor

Re: i wonder how people find out you are repairing your credit?

I am assuming that if you have disputed information on your CR, then through the CA random (or not so random) checks of your credit. I still get soft pulls from creditors checking up on me years after the fact.

"Opting out" through the CRA may be a possible solution this issue. Look up opt out our opting out for more information. 

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
amersafe
Valued Member

Re: I wonder how people find out you are repairing your credit?

Opting out? Please explain

Message 3 of 6
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

There's a thread about it here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/OPTING-OUT-CAN-SOMEONE-EXPLAIN/td-p/1976327/h...

For me, it was a great move. CA's can pay a subscription fee to get updates on consumer credit files. Opting out means your credit file is no longer included in this subscription setup. CA's can still check your information, but it's no longer an automatic thing.

Message 4 of 6
MaRain
Regular Contributor

Thanks for explaining that InvincibleSummer3! I'm checking the threads between projects while at work and didn't fully explain (or spell check/re-read what I wrote). Horrible I know but I am addicted to these forums!

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@MaRain wrote:

Thanks for explaining that InvincibleSummer3! I'm checking the threads between projects while at work and didn't fully explain (or spell check/re-read what I wrote). Horrible I know but I am addicted to these forums!

I know, right?? Me too. We should start a club. With matching jackets and everything.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.