cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inq and calls from NCO but nothing on CRs?

tag
meld9672
Established Member

Re: inq and calls from NCO but nothing on CRs?

Yes, it does. But why would they inq. on one of them twice and be calling me but not reporting anything? That's what seems odd to me and is why I want to make sure I handle this the easiest as possible

The only things that would be off my report for age would have had to have a DOLA from when I was 16 years old. I def did not have anything in my name at that age, let alone something in my name that would have that far back of a  DOLA
Message 11 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe they engaged in a skip tracing process and maybe there is another meld9672 in your area. Or maybe another meld9672 crossed your path a time or two giving an appearance that he is you, if you know what I mean. I read stories from time to time in here that John Doe receives a call for John Doe, but its the wrong John.

Agreed on NCO being easy to deal with. They sent me 3 dunning letters since August and each time NCO went away with a DV.

Also, depending on who they are collecting for they might not report at all. Some companies, especially within SOL, like CapOne, Verizon, or medical collections, won't sell the debt and will hire an outside CA to collect. That CA won't report but will continue to make phone calls, send letters, etc. Basically blowing hot air. If NCO really doesn't have your address or phone number, and are overlooking the fact that it is on your CR, then you won't hear anything other than seeing the inquiries.
Message 12 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I'd gotten calls from them for about 10 days in a row.  I knew I didn't owe them anything.  I'd taken care of all my old debts a few years ago & have been monitoring my reports like a hawk since Jan 04.  I googled them & found MANY threads from people complaining that they tried to get them for bills that were not theirs.

They always called & left some sort of reference #, so, finally I got sick of the messages & called them.  They tried to say it was bla bla acct.  I told them that was paid in full in Sept. 04, I can prove this & they are harassing me over a bogus debt & don't ever call my home again.

I have not heard from them since & that was on April 28, 08. 

If you're really sure you don't owe this...call them & challenge it!

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 05-08-2008 09:47 AM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem with NCO. I had 3 CC accounts listed on my CR, for Vict. Secret, Express, and the Limited. I called WFNNB to find out what I could do to pay them... they told me those accounts had been sold to NCO, and gave me their number.

I looked on my CR, and low and behold, there are 3 inquiries from them from last Nov. 2007. Instead of calling them, I sent a DV letter CMRRR to the address shown on my CR. According to the USPS website tracker thing, they received it today!

My strategy is basically to DV them first, since they are out of SOL to sue, and I want to know what I owe them first, in total. I figure, at the very least, once they validate, I can GW the OC's to remove the original accounts, then only have that one CO from NCO. I will then PFD them.

Does this sound like a good plan? Do you think WFNNB would go for the GW to delete the accounts once they are paid through NCO? Or what would be the best way to increase score? Maybe make sure they are marked paid, or remove lates only? They are my oldest accounts, but since they're bad, they are hurting me. Would deleting them hurt more?

Advice?............Thanks!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.