Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inquiries after car shopping.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

inquiries after car shopping.

Saturday I got about 10 new inquiries because the dealership ran me through every bank they deal with. Is it worth trying to get these removed? How would I go about doing so?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Goat14
Established Member

Re: inquiries after car shopping.

They will only count as 1 inquirie soon. As far as I know, you can car / loan shop as long as its all done in the first like 30 days for just one hit.

Message 2 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

This is a common practive by auto dealers. No, you will unlike be able to have the inquiries removed from your credit report. That said, since all of the inquiries are done in such a short period of time, it may not hurt your credit scores/profile as much as you may think.

Message 3 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Goat14 wrote:

They will only count as 1 inquirie soon. As far as I know, you can car / loan shop as long as its all done in the first like 30 days for just one hit.

+1

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Common misconception and so that everyone knows the other part of this.....

Evveryone is correct as long as they're within a 30 day period Fico will consider them as 1 INQ

However they have to be coded as auto shopping and some aren't so here's where the problem comes into play and people end up with multiple INQ's which don't look as one........Thus Fico sees these as different INQ's 

The good news is under manual review an underwriter would catch it and know that it was a auto loan and should = 1 INQ

OP not much you can do to remove any of the INQ's as you gave them permission to seek financing ....Sorry 

Learning experience for everyone who reads this thread

If at all possible always always seek your own financing via your bank/CU and then walk into the dealership ready to make a deal on your terms which cost one maybe 2 HP's ...But you control the terms 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.