Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it okay to pfd 3 accts with same CA in 1 letter

tag
Ljames1970
Valued Member

is it okay to pfd 3 accts with same CA in 1 letter

I have three medical collections with Alliance collections and two with franklin collections is it okay to send one pfd letter offering to pay in full all collections in return for deleting them all or should I send individual letters for each account.  The alliance collections 2 are within the sol and one is past the sol all low amounts 56.00, 59.00, 47.00 .  The Franklin collections are one within sol one past sol also low amounts owed. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

Re: is it okay to pfd 3 accts with same CA in 1 letter

I have put all collections with one agency into one letter, however, mine were all within SOL.    When you say outside the SOL, is it showing on CR?

I might suggest you write letters depending on situation;

1 PFD letter for the two within SOL at one agency

1 PFD letter for the other one within SOL at other agency

If both the collections outside SOL are on CR, then offer to pay them as well as long as the tradeline is deleted.  And pay in full.

Message 2 of 5
Ljames1970
Valued Member

Yes they are all showing on my credit report. Thank you so much for your reponse.

Message 3 of 5
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

@Ljames1970 wrote:

Yes they are all showing on my credit report. Thank you so much for your reponse.

Just make sure you send a PFD letter first including the part about paying in full for deletion from your credit.

If you send payment along with that letter, you run the risk of them cashing the check and you not getting the deletion.  You still do, no matter what, but at least with a letter back from them stating they agree to delete for payment in full, you can send that to the CRA or contact an attorney to have deleted.

Personally, I have only run into one instance of requiring an attorney and I used the AG of my state.

Worked like a champ.... 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck with Alliance and PFD?? I have a few collection accounts with Alliance and will be sending letters soon. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.