cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is my next step a MOV or dispute again? stubbon judgement after dismissed!

tag
krisg88
New Contributor

is my next step a MOV or dispute again? stubbon judgement after dismissed!

ok so im looking for some advise on my next step of action here. i had 2 judgments against me. i was able to get them both dismissed. they were only listed on equifax and transunion. after the first one was dismissed, i disputed it with both as dismissed. EQ deleted and TU verified and kept it on. After the 2nd was dismissed, i again disputed with EQ and they removed the 2nd one. With TU i sent in the dismissed paperwork from the court for BOTH judgements. Of course they deleted the 2nd one but the first one came back as previously verified. Even after i sent them the paperwork of it being dismissed.

So my question is what should my next step be? send them a MOV? Dispute it again with the paperwork and clearly state if its dismissed then it no longer exsists in the eys of my court and must be removed? any advise would be appreciated. thank you!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: is my next step a MOV or dispute again? stubbon judgement after dismissed!

I would first send the MOV request.

Second, I would not continue to pursue through the dispute process, as any subsequent dispute can be dismissed without any investigation as being duplicative, and thus "frivolous or irrelevant."  Additionally, even if reinvestigated, the dispute procedure does not compel any third-party decision on contesting facts.

I would file a civil action in small claims court, thus compelling a decision on the facts, which you appear to have.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.