Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

judgement nyc

tag
rsumasar

judgement nyc

Hey Guys,

brand new to the forums !! On my way on rebuilding my credit. I have a quick question. I have a judgement against me that i am currently paying through wage garnishment. I didnt even realize my wage was getting garnishmed until i actually read my paystub ( yes i know stupid) well i paid about $1500 so far , have about another $1500 to go. My question is i live in Queens NYC but do not work in that county, could they have garnished my wages if i work in another county?  i have no problem with them garnishing the other 1500, what chances do i have to have this judgement deleted after i pay also? thanks guys

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: judgement nyc

Welcome to the forums.

I know that your wages cannot be garnished for out of state judgments.  Not sure of in state.  I would guess they could.

How old is the judgment?

Message 2 of 5
rsumasar

Judgement is from 2009
Message 3 of 5
rsumasar

2011**
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am having issues posting the information but in case you didn't know, NYS FCRA allows for paid judgments to be removed at 5 years instead of 7 years.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.