Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

judgements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

judgements

I have 3  old judgements on my file. What type of impact would these have on my score once they are removed. I am facing a possible garnishment, due to being out of work for a while, would this show up on my credit file.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

The judgements themselves are enoug how they collect thei...

The judgements themselves are enoug how they collect their pay doesn't matter.  That being said, hudgements are renewable.  There are no rules hard and fast as to howlong they will stay on the report.  I know you're trying but after payoff they remain on file for as long as a 7 BK.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

judgements

Can I contact the companies to remove judgements once they are paid
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgements generally stay on for 7-10 yrs after they are...

Judgements generally stay on for 7-10 yrs after they are paid (Federal 15 years).  You can request deletion but I haven't heard of anyone having good luck with that.  I don't reccommend BK as it is a long road to recovery but sometimes you have to do what you have to do and multiple judgements will hurt you more.  Incuded ion BK they generall fall off within 7 yrs from the date of filing.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.