Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Re: junk debt buyers

If they already own the debt...not sure if they can just to look for debt
Message 11 of 34
guiness56
Epic Contributor

RobertEG was just making clear that if a debt buyer purchased the debt then without question they have PP.   A CA who is also collecting without owning it has PP also.

When a CA pulls your credit they are looking to see different things.  Your current address, phone number, whether you have been paying your debts, to see if they think they will be able to collect the debt.

Message 12 of 34
chevyman
Contributor

The way its sounding is that these companies dont need ur permission to look at ur CR working with Lexington law to get mine fixed
Message 13 of 34
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They don't need your permission.  FCRA is pretty straight forward in who has PP to pull your report.  Collections agencies are included.

Don't know what Lexington can legally do for you but good luck.

Message 14 of 34
chevyman
Contributor

Hearing good about them but wondering if I should see what I can do on my own
Message 15 of 34
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There is only so much they can legally do.  You can do so much for and for no charge.

Message 16 of 34
chevyman
Contributor

Should I cancel them
Message 17 of 34
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That is a personal decision.  I would not pay someone to do what I can do for free.  And knowing exactly what is being done and how.

Message 18 of 34
chevyman
Contributor

I am getting a lot of good advice on here that might be more beneficial
Message 19 of 34
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I agree.  There are many, many good people on here that have been there and have great advice.  Not only do you get great free advice but, there is a HUGE support system here too.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.