Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laFenix will Rise - Rebuilding my way to the top again

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: laFenix will Rise - Rebuilding my way to the top again

I don't know what a HELOC reports/counts as, I was just responding to the OP's question as to whether it would count as a mortgage or an instalment that those are the same.
Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@

Message 12 of 34
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@

A credit score considers your credit mix, and wants to see that a borrower can handle both regular monthly payments for a fixed amount, and revolving debt with an available credit limit. The mortgage would certainly show as a fixed payment amount. It is true that it will show as a mortgage, but it is still an installment loan.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 13 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@sarge12 wrote:

@rmduhon wrote:
Mortgage is an instalment loan

True a mortgage is....but a HELOC might be considered revolving debt that is secured with your home equity, so I think may be figured in revolving credit utilization. Does anyone here know for sure how a HELOC is treated by Fico?

HELOCS 35K or less they are typically treated as revolving debt any higher and they are installment debt.

Message 14 of 34
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@rmduhon wrote:

True a mortgage is....but a HELOC might be considered revolving debt that is secured with your home equity, so I think may be figured in revolving credit utilization. Does anyone here know for sure how a HELOC is treated by Fico?

HELOCS 35K or less they are typically treated as revolving debt any higher and they are installment debt.

@gdale6....are you saying 35k balance or 35k credit limit on the HELOC?

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 15 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@sarge12 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@rmduhon wrote:

@gdale6....are you saying 35k balance or 35k credit limit on the HELOC?

AFAIK its balance not the CL.

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've officially gained 'member' rank, which allows me to add my siggy, finally, so I'm posting it here, since I'm using this thread as my 'journey log', and I'm thinking it will be nice to see their progression over time.

This is my starting siggy.  My VS3 EQ rose today by 8 points, according to CK, but I'll wait until next month to post an updated siggy.  With any luck I'll have conquered my 100k HELOC goal by then!!!  I'm also hoping next month yields a CR/Score for him, and that my scores can all make it out of the 500s ... and never return!

Our Journey Click to read our storyOur Cards: Me:   Him:   Our Future Cards: USAA Limitless | AmEx BP | BJs Perks Elite | Chase Freedom | Sam's MC | Costco
April '17 - Me: FICO8:  602TU| 570EQ, 575EX, 671TU surprised | VS3: 570EX | 546EQ, 577TU Him: No CR/Score
Short Term Goals: Me: All 640+, 100k HELOC | Him: All 640+, Mortgage-Approved | US: New house before April 2018
Long Term Goals: Me: All 850, 2 low util HELOCs, 2 new cars | Him: All 800+, new truck & mtrcl, dental work | US: 1 low util HELOC

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so you know, when you change your signature you change your signature. Old posts don't retain the old sig. That is why one of my pet peeves are people who refer to current scores in signature. If anything has changed then the post is meaningless and there's no good way know if its current or not.
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just so you know, when you change your signature you change your signature. Old posts don't retain the old sig. That is why one of my pet peeves are people who refer to current scores in signature. If anything has changed then the post is meaningless and there's no good way know if its current or not.

I think that's why they made it part of the post.

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've officially gained 'member' rank, which allows me to add my siggy, finally, so I'm posting it here, since I'm using this thread as my 'journey log', and I'm thinking it will be nice to see their progression over time.

This is my starting siggy.  My VS3 EQ rose today by 8 points, according to CK, but I'll wait until next month to post an updated siggy.  With any luck I'll have conquered my 100k HELOC goal by then!!!  I'm also hoping next month yields a CR/Score for him, and that my scores can all make it out of the 500s ... and never return!

Our Journey Click to read our storyOur Cards: Me:   Him:   Our Future Cards: USAA Limitless | AmEx BP | BJs Perks Elite | Chase Freedom | Sam's MC | Costco
April '17 - Me: FICO8:  602TU| 570EQ, 575EX, 671TU surprised | VS3: 570EX | 546EQ, 577TU Him: No CR/Score
Short Term Goals: Me: All 640+, 100k HELOC | Him: All 640+, Mortgage-Approved | US: New house before April 2018
Long Term Goals: Me: All 850, 2 low util HELOCs, 2 new cars | Him: All 800+, new truck & mtrcl, dental work | US: 1 low util HELOC

Why do you have two different transunion scores?

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.