Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macys GW

tag
asanch12
Contributor

macys GW

So last week i called Macy's regarding a GW adjustment.  They were extremely nice and granted me a deletion of 2 late pays; unfortunately that still leaves 1 on my report.  Here is my question. Can i call again and ask for them to remove the other one?  Im not sure if there is a limit on how many they can delete, im sure it’s worth a shot, how long should I wait between calls. Oh, the late pay is from Feb ’03.   

Thanks!

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: macys GW

How severe is the late? 30? 60? 90? etc? Personally, I'd wait until the CRs update before calling again.
Message 2 of 29
asanch12
Contributor

it is a 30 day late.

i'll wait until it updates, thank you so much for your help.

Message 3 of 29
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

BTW, that 30 day has zero impact on your FICO score. However, if you want it off for the sake of getting it off, then I'd say go for it.
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Can you pleease provide me the telephone # you called to speak to someone in that dept. I actually tried once by mail to see if they can delete a 30day late from April, 2007 but was denied.  If you can help me with the phone number, it would help me a bunch. Thanks again!!

Message 5 of 29
asanch12
Contributor

sure,  # 800-627-2909.

you should check this out too:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=136936

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i just called the above number and it totally worked. I got a representative right away and asked her for a goodwill adjustment for some lates that I have.  Brief history: opened an account in 2005 and was cancelled by creditor in 2007.  Just finished paying it off last month.  The agent told me that unfortunately, due to the account being closed, there isnt anything she can do about it.  So I asked for a supervisor and although they both were very nice and pleasant, she couldnt grant me the adjustment neither. She explained to me that they are required to report the account late and she cant go back and change that even if its goodwill.  So i mentioned this forum and that there are people here who had their lates removed before but all she can tell me was.. "regrettably.. or unfortunately.." I felt so hopeless and was on the verge of tears (LOL) because I was so dissappointed.. I even tried to negotiate by asking them to consider removing the lates if I reinstate my account and made six consecutive payments.. IN FULL!!..  NOPE!!!.. she wouldnt budge!  ahhhhh.. im so disappointed!!! Ive read on this forum that Macy's are generous with their GWs.. Granted, the agents do sound sincerely apologetic but i want my lates removed!!! what am i doing wrong???

Message 7 of 29
asanch12
Contributor

******UPDATE******

MAAAAAAANNN!! i am so happy, today i got a score watch alert and my score was raised from 670 to 687!  there was change in my Macy's account, i guess it has to do with them removing my lates, YYYYEEEAAAH!!!!!  Now im waiting for another increase since i paid off a few accounts last week!  i might finally get to the 700's.  its been a long time! 

thank you everyone!

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOOO!!!!

I got a letter from macy's rejecting my GW to remove two lates. Darn! Now, I gotta send in another one... This sucks!

Message 9 of 29
aquatic1
Established Contributor

I would call them again.  Just because one or five reps say no doesn't mean the next one will!  Good luck.

@Anonymous wrote:

BOOOO!!!!

I got a letter from macy's rejecting my GW to remove two lates. Darn! Now, I gotta send in another one... This sucks!

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.