Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

midland and sears sucess

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

midland and sears sucess

I will like to know if

a)anyone has had sucess with  a pfd with Midland and also has an email address for them.

b) also if anyone has had any luck with a GW with sears.

pls help its really important

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: midland and sears sucess

Start with the snail mail addresses on your CRs.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I had success with Midland. I had an account where I owed over  $1250.00. I emailed them (I can PM you the address) and long story short they agreed to take $560.00 and they agreed, though, not in writing, after I spoke to them over the phone to delete from all 3 CRA.

Now I know you will hear a lot of great advice and warnings from this site and others not to speak with any CA over the phone about anything and I totally agree with that however I was so over MCM and wanted rid of them so badly that I decided to give it a try. At that point I was ready just to accept a PIF on my account. So after I got a response email I called them.  The reason I called  is because the people I initially emailed were execs of the company and they passed my email to an account supervisor. He told me over the phone that if I came to an agreement with his CSR and paid it then he would "take care" of the TL. But please remember he never actually said he would delete but he would "take care" of it.  I paid it and it was deleted the very next day from all 3 reports.

One very interesting thing this account supervisor mentioned to me is that he said they all read these boards regularly and they know all about our PFD avenues and they really do not like doing that. I told him, why not? You guys get paid and we get it off our reports. He said yes but why should we get rewarded from defaulting our debt..I said why should you earn a living off my poor past choices? He laughed and so did i. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a PFD?  I have some negative I would like to try to get rid of but don't know where to start.  They are all paid in full but would like to try to get them off prior to the fall off date.

Message 4 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is a PFD?  I have some negative I would like to try to get rid of but don't know where to start.  They are all paid in full but would like to try to get them off prior to the fall off date.

Hey purpleorchid.....PFD is "Pay for Delete".  Since yours are already PIF (paid in full) what you want to do is send GW (good will) letters asking for removal.

You've all found the right forum for help!!!  This place is like my second home!  A collection of extremely knowledgeable folks who ALL want to see your scores go UP!!!

Check the links in my sig block (all authored by those smarter than I am!) for some great information on the rebuilding process & what all those pesky acronyms stand for!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Mo

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 17
christinag05

3 Re: midland and sears sucess

Can someone give me the Midland email address? I have 3 collections with them on my credit report and I would love them taken off.

Message 6 of 17
Gotons
Regular Contributor

Re: 3 Re: midland and sears sucess

I too would like the email addresses for who you emailed.  I've had some luck with RJM with this avenue and would like to try with MCM on a $811 balance.  This would be a great help as we're about to start the mortgage process and would like to PFD instead of just paying them. 

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to email sears over the weekend. Not sure if I have the right email address. If someone could explaine what a PM-private message is and how you see those and if I could get an email address for sears I would greatly appreciate it. Also when I send the GW letter via mail do I send them certified? And who should I address them to? Thank you so much this is a process but I created the mess and just need some help trying to fix it. Thanks again
Message 8 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I tried to email sears over the weekend. Not sure if I have the right email address. If someone could explaine what a PM-private message is and how you see those and if I could get an email address for sears I would greatly appreciate it. Also when I send the GW letter via mail do I send them certified? And who should I address them to? Thank you so much this is a process but I created the mess and just need some help trying to fix it. Thanks again

Hi Purpleorchid!

A PM is a private message.  If you look on any page on the forums here, in the upper right area you'll see a little envelope.  When it's the yellowish color, you have a new PM.

To send someone a PM, click on their screen name & look on the right hand side of their page & it will say "send this user a PM", click it & a page just like these posts comes up.

Give me a few minutes & I'll send you a message.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I had success with Midland. I had an account where I owed over  $1250.00. I emailed them (I can PM you the address) and long story short they agreed to take $560.00 and they agreed, though, not in writing, after I spoke to them over the phone to delete from all 3 CRA.

Now I know you will hear a lot of great advice and warnings from this site and others not to speak with any CA over the phone about anything and I totally agree with that however I was so over MCM and wanted rid of them so badly that I decided to give it a try. At that point I was ready just to accept a PIF on my account. So after I got a response email I called them.  The reason I called  is because the people I initially emailed were execs of the company and they passed my email to an account supervisor. He told me over the phone that if I came to an agreement with his CSR and paid it then he would "take care" of the TL. But please remember he never actually said he would delete but he would "take care" of it.  I paid it and it was deleted the very next day from all 3 reports.

One very interesting thing this account supervisor mentioned to me is that he said they all read these boards regularly and they know all about our PFD avenues and they really do not like doing that. I told him, why not? You guys get paid and we get it off our reports. He said yes but why should we get rewarded from defaulting our debt..I said why should you earn a living off my poor past choices? He laughed and so did i. Smiley Very Happy

The last part is oh so true.  At least this guy had a sense of humor.

He is correct about CA companies reading these boards.  Sometimes it is a slip up on something they may say, others are very blatant about it.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.