Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

midland and sears sucess

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: midland and sears sucess

We had success with Midland earlier this year.  I thought it was going to be a drama, because they were reporting as late every month, on a collection account that was sent to them a few years ago.  The amount was wrong, we tried disputing but didn't get anywhere and they continued to report.  We are trying to get a house this year so needed to get it off, so decided to PFD.  When we called to get the information (yes I realize we should have been doing it all in writing) they told us they couldn't speak to us, that the account had been sent to their "legal" dept..  They gave me a number for them, we called them....they said it had been sent to another credit collection agency called Leading Edge Recovery.  We got their contact info, made a deal with them, and paid it.  They told us it would come off our credit.  A few weeks went by with no deletion, during that period they reported late yet again.  We called Leading Edge, got a letter in writing from them, called MCM who finally agreed to speak to us, faxed them the letter from Leading Edge.  A few days later....Gone!  I was so excited!  We actually had success with getting all of the ones we paid deleted within a two month period and raise my husbands credit score from the 580s in January, to 676-691 in May on all three.  We are trying to get a Rural Development loan and needed a 640 as our lowest number, so we are finally ready to apply!

Thanks to you guys and all your advice!

Message 11 of 17
jada0607
Valued Member

I have two accounts with them that I would like to get rid of ASAP as they are currently increasing the balance every month on both accounts. Can you PM me the email address you used for Midland as well?

Starting Scores: TU: 605 EQ: 562 EX: 596
Current Scores: TU: 605 EQ: 562 EX: 596
Goal Score: 760+

Message 12 of 17
thuythuythuy
Established Member

i just recently send a DV to Mldland like a week ago, we'll see how it goes.

Tracy5544, can you PM me the address that you used?

Starting Score: 644 (EQ) 05/15/10
Current Score: 663 (EQ) 06/27/10
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know if someone can PM me contact information for Midland. I have 2 accounts with them I would like to see if they will work with me on a deletion. 

I appreciate any help.

thanks!

Message 14 of 17
mrmagic9799
Regular Contributor

Can someone PM me that email address too please?

Message 15 of 17
sandrachicago
New Contributor

could you please pm midland email. thanks
"Enriching others will flow that same energy back to you."
Message 16 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Really old post.  I'd start a new thread on here and ask for the info.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.