cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help, lots of assets, low scores

tag
applepie

need help, lots of assets, low scores

in 2008 I blew up like a lot of people. EQ score bounces between 660 and 720.  9 derogs, all are over 5 years old, next year most will drop off. 

I blew up my Amex platinum card, settled for less than the amount owed. 

However, I have rebuilt myassets, I have $600k cash at Bof A, and another 3 million in stock. 

I paid cash for my new cars, I only owe $250k on my house. 

Amex won't drop for over 1 year but how can I get back in good graces with them. 

Has anyone had success in contacting them and providing proof of assets, etc and have it work?

Any other ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: need help, lots of assets, low scores

Amex holds grudges fairly long. Even longer when repayment wasn't settled in full. There's members on here that haven't been able to get with them for over 10+ years

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree. Amex holds a grudge forever and will blacklist. Might want to try searching in the credit card forum to see if there are any avenues to get back in. Good luck.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our situations are identical!  Oh yeah, except for the assets of course.

My Amex went south in 2008 and I reached a settlement for less directly with them, with 12 payments, IIRC.

I am planning to apply for just the green Amex charge card.  When I go to the Amex prequal site, it shows I am prequal for the three charge cards and it doesnt display any credit cards at all.  I have also received prequal letters in the mail for the charge cards.

Thinking back on 2000, I did get the Amex charge card first and they sent a prequal for the Blue Cash about a year later.  I am going to try the same method again.

hth

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.