Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new 2 site. ? about collection settlement/delete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new 2 site. ? about collection settlement/delete

Hi all,

The site is awsome, so much info....2 much info lol.

I tried reading as many threads as i can 2 find this answear myself, with no luck.

Ok, so i have several collection accounts i settled and have only 1 left that i can settle but i realy would like too see a possitive change in my scores ... how do i approch Chase requesting that the account be deleated upon settlement?

also, my health insurance will be cancled next month but i have med bills still comming in that i will not be able to pay anytime soon... do med bill collections count against my score?

p.s. i didnt notice a spell check button and so appologize in advance for my horrid spelling

Thanks allSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Heavanly1
Regular Contributor

Re: new 2 site. ? about collection settlement/delete

Any positive change in score accomplished by settling your Chase account will be all in vain if you allow those medical bills to be turned over to collection agencies and reported to the credit bureaus.

It would be difficult to determine whether or not having the Chase account deleted will improve your score without knowing what's on the rest of your reports. Is the Chase account your oldest account? Will its deletion reduce the AAoA?? If the Chase account is a credit card that is still factoring into your utilization, simply paying it may improve your scores.

As for the future medical bills, I recommend that you establish payment plans that will allow you take care of these bills without the threat of them tarnishing your credit.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.