Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noooo denied a GW again

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

noooo denied a GW again

I sent my 2nd GW letter to Applied bank attn CEO...

Its a charge-off I completely paid off in feb this year.  I could not do a PFD because they were getting ready to turn me over to a lawyer and sue.  I had to pay it.

I sent them a 2nd letter requesting removal.  They said NO!!  They have to continue to report correct information on my CR's blah blah blah.

Ive read on here that some people have actually had applied bank removed.  Can anyone share the letter they used or who they sent it to?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: noooo denied a GW again

I've had Applied Bank removed from my account. My argument was that I never activated the card, yet I was being charged out the ass. I sent them letters. This also worked for Chase, and HSBC, and Orchard.
Message 2 of 7
glamchick
Established Contributor

did they eventually remove it?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 7
boauld
Valued Member

just keep sending that was my theory, after the four or fifth one the gave in. Mines was on a 120 day late n a 30 day late
Message 4 of 7
glamchick
Established Contributor

Really?? was yours applied bank as well?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 5 of 7
boauld
Valued Member

@glamchick wrote:
Really?? was yours applied bank as well?

Yes it was. Now I have 81 months of clean history with them. But they still suck n since I got my prime cards finally they are closed!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Applied Bank got removed. I still have that crappy card in my sock drawer...R.I.P.

I was totally ignorant before applying for their card. When my credit was somewhat good, I was getting credit card applications all the time. Then one day I applied for Orchard/HSBC, Chase and Applied Bank. They had CL's of $300. However, stupid me didn't realized all of the crazy fee's that would be attached to those cards. I just wanted to have them in case of emergenices. I never activated any one of the cards. I was getting statements/letters from them all the time, but I never bother opening them up, because I thougt it was FYI letters about this or that. Then one day, something told me to open one of the letters. And that's when I discovered I was getting hit with late fee after late fee.

I called each cc company and told them that I wasn't paying for something I never used or activated. I had them close my accounts. Then I sent letters to each of the cc companys as well as the 3 CRA's requesting that those accounts be removed from my report. And I eventually got letters from all of the cc companies stating that the accounts were removed from my report. And lucky for me, they're all gone from my report.

El Fin
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.