Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not that I'm complaining, but a judgement just vanished from my EQ report

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

not that I'm complaining, but a judgement just vanished from my EQ report

I had an unpaid judgement from one medical bill ($194) from 2006 that was to fall off around November. it was only being reported on TU and EQ. I recently (only about a week now) started using myprivacymatters to view my report every day, only a week now. Suddenly today the judgement is GONE from EQ. It doesn't show up at all, shows zero public records and its just GONE. Could they have deleted it early? I have only been pulling for a week and if anything an inquiry or the oldest account there would have fallen off, but it did not. Just the judgement.

Wow! I have no idea why or how this happened but I guess I should not complain?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: not that I'm complaining, but a judgement just vanished from my EQ report

Early removal is possible. Congrats!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I'm amazed! Just in time to apply for auto refi with DCU Smiley Surprised And plan to pay one of the collections this Friday to the OC so it will be gone from my CR's very quickly. Honestly I find this strange disappearance too good to be true that I am searching for a free way to check equifax somewhere else (already used free trial for myFICO)....

Message 3 of 15
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

is it still there on the other 2 CR?

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 4 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

it was never on Experian, just TransUnion & Equifax. It is now ONLY on TransUnion. very strange! I am trying right now to find a free trial to sign up for to check EQ elsewhere. For all I know it's an error with myprivacymatters. I hope not though!

Message 5 of 15
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

So here is something I have had happen similar.  I had a foreclosure in 2010.  now I had some other baddies drop off between march and april.  TU also droped the foreclosure. 

I was really confused (also not complaining).  Well I went and used my yearly free report (if you haven't used yours yet you can) and unlike all of the different services it is the raw actual CR.  and the forclosure is still there it is just marked as "The following item is surpressed pending update"  Mind you I have not done any disbute on the item and none of the other 2 agencies have it flaged as disbute.  I am keeping a close eye on it should it appear with some weird new date or something.  So purhaps something of the same is going on on your EQ report.  Unless you pull a real report you wouldn't see it.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 6 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I alreadly used my free one from annualcreditreport.com a few weeks ago Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

um....so I just started free trial with IdentityGuard and the judgement is also NOT THERE for Equifax. I guess it is entirely gone. No reason why these sites would just suddenly not show it unless it's been removed from EQ. OMG I WANT TU TO REMOVE AND THERE WILL BE ZERO JUDGEMENTS ON ANY CR!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRAs will often exclude adverse items a bit prior to their maximum statutory period to ensure that they dont become in violation of the statute.

However, exclusion of the judgment from your CR does not also remove the public record from access by others.

Unless the judgment itself has also passed it statute of limitations for enforceability, which is usually at least 10 years, it is most likely still discoverable by anyone doing a standard public records search.  The debt covered by the judgment also remains unpaid, and thus could be a factor, regardless of CR exclusion, in future quest for credit.

I would not assume that CR exclusion clears the decks of potential future problems.  It might still be advantageous to pay it, particularly if it only amounts to $194.

Message 9 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

At the time I am only concerned with the credit report to refinance an auto loan and possibly CC down the road. I don't know who would actually want to do a search for my public records. Unless they do that when you go to buy a house, which I don't plan on doing any time soon, yet. The money I have now I would rather pay off the other bad accounts on my report. They seem to be hurting me worse.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.