Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oc letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

oc letter

Can the OC letter be sent at anytime?  Does it have to be verified first with CRA or can I just send OC letter to gain information about the acct?  Thanks!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: oc letter

The OC does NOT have to answer the OC letter unless they have verified the debt with a CRA after a dispute
Message 2 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

The OC letter that i found does not say anything about deleting the accounts for not responding!

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and noticed this account was listed on at least one of my reports as a collection/charge off I immediately disputed this information and the results of the investigation came back as "verified".

Since I have disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and you have verified them, I would like to see what sort of records you have for this alleged account. Under the new FACTA laws, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account, and I am now requesting it.

In order to clear up this matter, I would like to see:

Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account

If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period.

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays, can you please explain why the OC would have to respond to this letter? And if they don't respond, or respond merely to say not much of value, what then?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a lot like...put your money where your mouth is!    The law states if you report it must be 100% accurate......if you verify with the CRAs....prove what you are reporting is accurate.

You are asking them to verify all the info that they are reporting.

Eveyone should file a complaint with the ftc  when an OC doesn't respond to an OC letter.....Be sure to tell the FTC that they verified the account with the CRAs!!

If what they OC is reporting accurate info. you should not dispute it.

IMO  i would mail CMRRR this type of complaint to the FTC. Along with a paper trail showing that they verified your dispute.
Message 5 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

HSBC is reporting two of the same accounts but with different balances one is for 15701 and another is for 15675. I have disputed theme both for being duplicates and they were both verified. So i thought i would use the OC letter to see what records they had! But i noticed in the letter that it say nothing about accounts being deleted for not being investigated or not responding!
Message 6 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Should the OC letter be sent CMRRR? As well as dispute letters?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!     An OC that is reporting a CO  can remain on a CR for 7 years from DOFD. They do not have to delete unless it is past CRTP.
Message 8 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Thanks Happydays!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.