Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ok spent an hour on the phone with a Sagestream supervisor.. results

tag
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

ok spent an hour on the phone with a Sagestream supervisor.. results

OK!!!

even THEY have no earthly idea what their scoring model is!!! I'm more confused then before I called.

Me: "How is your scoring accounted for?"

Her: "It's based only on inquiries"

Me: "OKKKKK so I'm low because I have so few?" (because I knew 1 is not too MANY)

Her: "yes"

Me: "so I'll just apply for a couple cards from companies that will pull from you guys and that will raise my score right?"

Her: "no Sir that would lower your score"

So after an hour of basically going around and around pissing her off I concluded my score is low because I did not have ENOUGH inquiries with them (just 1 from Discover) BUT if I add some it will lower my score?!?!?!?!???? so raising it is literally impossible, they are a pure scam used to raise interest rates on honest borrowers.

Freeze these ass clowns as fast as you can!!

9 REPLIES 9
bass_playr
Established Contributor

Re: ok spent an hour on the phone with a Sagestream supervisor.. results

OK, first, that was semi-painful to read.  You would do better to make it clear what you are asking about.  It also seems like you started telling us the story in the middle.  

Inquiries do not raise your score.  Too many inquiries in a short period of time can lower your score.  You don't need inquiries to raise your score, you need reporting accounts showing positive payment history.  You need accounts that are not showing late payments on them.  You need a decent mix of accounts--revolving, installment, etc.  Other factors are age of your credit, debt to income ratio, and so on.

Also, you need to understand who you are dealing with:

https://www.bbb.org/sdoc/business-reviews/credit-reporting-agencies/sagestream-llc-in-san-diego-ca-1...

I could not find a single person on any website, that was not linked to Sagestream, that had anything good to say about them.  They appear to be a company that intentionally reports low scores for people, and also, I have not seen anyone other than Ally Financial that uses them.  Sagestream does not appear to be able to explain to anyone what constitutes a "good" score in their system....they also do not appear to be able to even describe how they calculate scores.  Tons of examples of people having really great credit scores through the big three....but their Sagrstream score is even as much as a few HUNDRED points lower than the others--with no explanation.  

Message 2 of 10
bass_playr
Established Contributor

Message 3 of 10
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

sorry, I was up for 3 days (work related) when I wrote that.

problem is NO ONE seems to report to them,  even the inquiry I had they never reported the account (and its an account I still have in perfect standing) so at this point I have 1 inquiry 0 accounts (not even the one who inquired) so my score is terrible 

Message 4 of 10
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

I also edited my post

Message 5 of 10
bass_playr
Established Contributor

If you read the article I posted, it says that they use "nontraditional" means.  While the other CRAs focus on FICO score, they focus on other areas that may show a consumer's willingness and ability to pay, such as rentals, etc.  You're not going to find a whole lot of creditors that report credit situations to them, but I would sugges contacting them to get a copy of your report.  That way you can see what's on it.

Message 6 of 10
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

I did, its blank

Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You got it.. FREEZE THEM... they are THE WORST!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't waste my time with those yahoos!! I was shocked when I was turned down for Cabelas visa club after they nagged me with prequal offers. App went to review saying they can't verify my identity, though I apped in the store with my license and a credit card.

I called after 10 days. The rreason for denial.... sgaestream score of 441 and too many inquiries, and still claiming they can't verify my ifentity or address. Hmmm. Then how can they verify my score is 441 or that they have the correct info if they can't verify me????

None the less, hsbc and chase have been using them too. Got the same problem with both of them.

Is there any way to get the freeze without sending them copies of birth certificate or ss card?? I refuse to give them that info!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too just applied for a Cabelas Club card and after giving them my information we walked around and came back for them to say they would send a letter. Well got it on the mail and it said denied. So reading further the reasons are credit score 450 ( wrong by about 300 points) "not enough debt experience" have various revolving accounts including car loans and RV, "length of residence too short" I lived in my home 13 years, "consumer associated with to many phone changes" I have had the same cell and home phone number over 6 years! Then I see the report is pulled from sagestream whom I've never heard of but there is a inquiry on Equifax so not sure why these guys are a determining factor and not sure where they are pulling this bogus info from. I have seen lots of complaints online about them also. Of course nothing can be completed through their website you have to call during the week so I will be doing that on Monday and probably wasting my time and tgen probably freezing them as people have been advising. Not sure why cabellas would use this joke as a factor in their approval. I guess they don't want consumers getting their card. Which is funny because I have one card with a $7k credit limit. I'm really confused and aggravated at this.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.