cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ok to send MOV and OC letter at same time?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok to send MOV and OC letter at same time?

I disputed with CRA and it came back verified.  Is it ok to go ahead and send MOV to CRA and OC letter to OC at same time?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ok to send MOV and OC letter at same time?

What are you disputing??  Inaacurate INFO??  How old is the acct?? 
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

a charged off account.  Paid in 2005.   I first sent a gw letter to the OC.  The response I got was that they could not locate my account even though I provided them with the acct number on all my credit reports.   I'm just trying to get it deleted since they said they couldn't find it.  

What do you think??Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would send MOV letter to CRA's and see what their reply is.  If OC couldn't find your account, then how can CRA's verify???   I wouldn't send OC letter until receiving results from MOV letters. 
Message 4 of 10
sun_shine64
Valued Member

Hi,

I have the same problem with an acct.
I've looked in the abbreviations and cannot find what "MOV" is. I'm pretty new around here, could you please explain what this is and how to use it?

Thanks.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

MOV is method of verification. Basically you send a letter to the CRA asking then to explain how they verified it. You'll get a bogus response, but it's another link in the chain.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sun-shine,

Here is MOV sample letter from Happy Days. Hope it helps!!Example letter:

FCRA Section 611(a)(1)(A)clearly states that upon receipt of a dispute Experian is to perform an investigation. Oviously, this did not hold true of my dispute of xx date. On xx date I received notice from Experian that my dispute had been "previously investigated". According to the FCRA, this is not an option.

Because of your blatant disregard for the FCRA, I am demanding that the disputed tradelines be deleted from my credit report. I am guaranteed, by law, that you will report with 100% accuracy and that any account I dispute will be investigated. You have proven that this cannot be done.

You now have 5 days from your receipt of this letter to remove the previously disputed accounts from my credit report. Be advised, that my attorney has in his possession all the letters and supporting documentation regarding this matter. If the accounts in question are not deleted he will file suit in Federal Court.

--
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send this letter to the CRA    CMRRR     and YES send the OC letter  CMRRR

send to the CRA

CRA
ADDRESS
ADDRESS

Date

Dear Sir or Madam:

On __________ I filed a dispute with Experian regarding the account from _________ which appears on my Experian credit report. On ________ I received the results of the investigation stating that the account had been verified.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, section 611(a)(7), I am entitled to receive a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available. Also include the name of the person that you spoke with.

Please mail this information to me at the address below:

Name
Address
Address

Sincerely,

(TYPED NAME)

OC letter                make the changes needed

Company
Address
Address

Date

Re: Acct #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and noticed this account was listed on each of my reports as a collection I immediately disputed this information with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and the results of the investigation came back as "verified".

Since I have disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and you have verified them, I would like to see what sort of records you have for this alleged account. Under the new FACTA laws, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account, and I am now requesting it.

In order to clear up this matter, I would like to see:

Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account

If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period.

Please send all correspondence to:
Name
Address
Address

Sincerely,

DO NOT SIGN......JUST TYPE NAME

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So do I need to wait until I have MOV letter to send OC??

Thanks everyone!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

is there an update for this thread?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.