Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opensky secured

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: opensky secured

@dalasdon wrote:

so from the looks of it, the opensky secured card seems like the best option for getting a secured credit card.  i mean there is no credit check, you can make additional deposits to have cli, and it reports to all 3 bureaus, along with just reporting as cc, not secured.  thoughts?

Since this card is not available, I would recommend Cap1. reports to all 3 bureaus, easy to work with and gets your foot in the door for unsecured.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 14
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@dalasdon wrote:

so from the looks of it, the opensky secured card seems like the best option for getting a secured credit card.  i mean there is no credit check, you can make additional deposits to have cli, and it reports to all 3 bureaus, along with just reporting as cc, not secured.  thoughts?

Since this card is not available, I would recommend Cap1. reports to all 3 bureaus, easy to work with and gets your foot in the door for unsecured.

I would also recommend Cap 1 secured if able to be approved, however the Open Sky Card IS still available. The website is www.openskycc.com

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@ Lois:

FProg hit your report? Was it a HP, or SP?

I had applied for this card back in Nov '11, and it did no checks whatsoever.

Guessing they're getting pickier, as their popularity is increasing.

I do vouch for this card's value though. Better terms, as compared to the

Opensky (not nickle/diming you to death with the small things, like $3 mailed statements).

Anyone pushing the opensky obviously needs to take the time to read the cardholder agreement

Coming from a mid 500's mean avg, already with a car loan (almost 1 yr old when app'd in Nov), it

has helped jack my score up by PIF, and I've gotten the preapproval/app/HP approval for the Cap One cash card (avg cred version)

in the beginning of March, and helped me to get a low end Disc More card (just a few days ago).

Gotta start somewhere, just as long as you keep your eye on the destination.

Message 13 of 14
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@ Lois:

FProg hit your report? Was it a HP, or SP?

It was a HP but only on EX.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.