Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid in full

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

paid in full

New to this forum.  I have a quick question.

I was contacted by a collection agency attempting to collect an old credit card debt showing on my daughter's credit report.

I disputed the validity of the account...verbally and advised we would settle the account immediately in exchange for a complete deletion of said account from all credit reporting agencies.  I also requested this be put in writing prior to settling the account.

Is confirmation from the collection agency via email sufficient?

I am waiting for the agency to call and let me know if they accept the offer.

Thanks for a quick response.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: paid in full

If the email has some sort of letterhead description...but they they say they would send a letter???...a letter in hand..is always better..who is the CA???...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dunno ... emails can be spoofed (forged) but it's easy to prove a real one to be genuine.

Emails ARE admissible in court, so I'd have to say that the OP should be safe in accepting it.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just heard back from the CA, he will work on the deletion with his superiors and let me know.  In the meantime I am sending the letter offering full settlement/dispute etc.

The CA says it's "Belk", however in may be Mervyn's...not real sure...thus the dispute. 

CA is Takhar Collection Services, located in Niagra Falls???

It's only 152.00, and dates back to 2005.

This forum is extremely valuable and I am so glad we found it.

Message Edited by kidshelper on 06-27-2008 02:23 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.