cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying oc vs ca

tag
tigerlilly9

paying oc vs ca

I was wondering if any one could give me some advice about whether or not I should pay an OC or the CA?  This is for a cable bill that is being reported by the CA only.  We have filed a complaint against them with the local BBB due to the fact that they never sent us a dunning letter and we didn't find out about the account until we applied for a mortgage.  I called the CA the same day I got the report from the mortgage company and sent a DV letter the next day.  The still have not sent us any thing in writing but continue to report.  I contacted the OC and they will accept payment on the account and then update with the CA.  I did state to them that I will not deal with CA and do not want the payment  forwarded to them, they said ok to that.  But I wondered what would be the best way to ensure that?  if I pay in cash at my local office can they forward that?  And also if I pay the OC and DV the CA again and the account is paid in full can they still continue to report since they wouldn't be able to verify?

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: paying oc vs ca

always pay the oc if you can. when you pay the oc they should pull back the ca and that will clear the ca from your credit report. if you can go for pfd if not then pay to stop collection attempts and start the gw process.
Message 2 of 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: paying oc vs ca

Dont talk with the CA. You need to find out first. who owns the account.......Did the OC sell it or assign it to the CA. Call the OC

Make sure to get your agreement in writing first, before paying.

You both want something, the OC or CA wants your $$, and you want it removed from your CR's.

Try to work something out in writing, where both parties agree.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.