Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pays as agreed on closed account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pays as agreed on closed account

Hello, I just checked my score and see that despite having good scores (780's) the main issue listed as keeping the score from being higher is that I have too many accounts lsited as 'paiys as agreed or paid'.  I have about 30 of these, in fact 20 of them are actually closed accounts and the notes in the description area show that they are closed but the offical "status" is 'pays as agreed or paid'.

What is the best approach to do with this?  Should I dispute this to show a status of closed, none of my accounts show a closed status, does that exist?  Is it possible to be penalized for having too many accounts in your lifetime if they never close but just show up as paid forever?  Finally, would changing the sttaus to closed (if possible) on tehse old accounts actually lower my score?  The account are truly closed but just being reported as paid.... so I really donlt have that many open accounts.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pays as agreed on closed account

That is the correct status for them.

It isn't because you have too many saying that, it is saying you have too many accounts.

It is not clear as to whether you actually get dinged for this or not.

They should show closed elsewhere on the report. Closed, positive accounts remain for 10 years from closed date.

They are helping your history, especially the older they get.

As long as they are showing closed, I'd leave it be.

jerryp wrote:
Hello, I just checked my score and see that despite having good scores (780's) the main issue listed as keeping the score from being higher is that I have too many accounts lsited as 'paiys as agreed or paid'.  I have about 30 of these, in fact 20 of them are actually closed accounts and the notes in the description area show that they are closed but the offical "status" is 'pays as agreed or paid'.

What is the best approach to do with this?  Should I dispute this to show a status of closed, none of my accounts show a closed status, does that exist?  Is it possible to be penalized for having too many accounts in your lifetime if they never close but just show up as paid forever?  Finally, would changing the sttaus to closed (if possible) on tehse old accounts actually lower my score?  The account are truly closed but just being reported as paid.... so I really donlt have that many open accounts.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks sidewinder.. so can i expect that as these reach an age of ten years they will drop off?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

10 years from date closed.

jerryp wrote:
thanks sidewinder.. so can i expect that as these reach an age of ten years they will drop off?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.