Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pfd over the phone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pfd over the phone?

I have a collection on my report. I called and they said they would send me a paod in full letter and include that it is to be removed from my report. How do I know they are not trying to scam me? Can they fax me something, or should I handle this through the mail?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pfd over the phone?

I did mine over the phone...who is the CA???...it depends on the company...if other had had success with this...and is they can be trustworthy....but they should be able to send you something in writing....before payment...saying that if you pay,,,,they would delete...
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are Diversified services group. I just don't want to bother paying if it is still going to hurt my score. It is from '05. What should I ask for before shelling out the cash?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diversified Adjustment???...I had a collection from them...from December 07...I asked for a PFD...they said they don't do it....but after I paid...and they updated the TL as PIF...I sent them a GW letter for removal...about a week later...theysent me a deletion letter...so I think they are one of the ones who want their money first...then they will delete...I say...try to get a letter from them...on company letterhead...saying they will delete once the account is PIF...

The PFD I did over the phone was with....RJM Acquisitions...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, I don't think I would take a good word from a collection agent. Always get everything in writing, you can still talk and negotiate on the phone but when the converstation is wrapping up ask for for them to mail all the conditions that you have just discussed. Many agents will refuse this because they don't get the credit for the account collected, tell them that you will include their name in the letter with the payment so they can get the credit for it and most of them will agree.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should try your hardest never to call the CA anyway...not to talk..chat...and negotiate...in my case...I was not calling to do a PFD...I was in the middle of trying to buy a home...and I heard all collections within 12 months had to be paid...so I called to pay....the quickest way I could...and I just asked...in the middle...for deletion...and the lady agreed...
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been nervous about doing it too, but I just took the risk and PFD. I made sure to get the name and direct extension of the person. No one had responded to my PFD letters and they refused to send a PFD commitment in writing until I paid, which defeated the purpose of asking for it first. When I called to dispute with the CRA to speed up the removal process, they asked for the contact name and ext. of the person who agreed to delete it and the items were removed within days from the CRA's.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.