Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pif oc but ca just showed up on cr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pif oc but ca just showed up on cr

I moved and the oc which is a electric bill . I pif but solomon and solomon ca is reporting this debt what should i do. Should i DV or send the copy of pif receipt. I am trying to raise my score to apply for mortgage. This just showed up and dropped my score 50 points. Help 
Message 2 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pif oc but ca is reporting

I would call the acccount receivables department at the utility company, speak to a supervisor and tell them that if they don't recall immediately the account from the CA I will sue them for all the damages in case I get denied for my mortgage application, and to send you a letter acknowledging their error.

this should get them moving pretty quickly.

i would also send a DV to the CA today and a prepare an ITS for the utility company in case the supervisor doesn't act right away.

Message 6 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pif oc but ca just showed up on cr

Do you have proof of your payment to the OC? Did you pay the OC before it was sent to the CA?

Have you heard from the CA, other than the reporting on your CR?

How long ago did you pay and when did this appear?

At any rate, I would DV the CA, send it CMRRR.

Knowing the answers above may help us direct you in case the DV doesn't get it removed from your report.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

pif oc but ca is reporting

First time. I pif a old electric bill to oc.There is a ca solomon and solomon trying to collect. I moved and did receive any notification. What should I do to remove this ca from my cr.the oc is not reporting.
Message 1 of 15
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Since you PIF to the OC, you might want to try calling the utility company and see if you can get them to recall the account from the CA. If they recall the account, then the CA has no bussiness whatsoever since they do not have your account anymore. You will probably have to talk to the accounts receivable manager at the utility company to make this work. Good luck and keep us updated!
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ladyshamrock,

I've moved your post from General Credit Issues over here and merged it with your post on this forum, as it is a duplicate post.

We try to encourgage members not to cross post the same post on multiple forums.

-sidewinder

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call the acccount receivables department at the utility company, speak to a supervisor and tell them that if they don't recall immediately the account from the CA I will sue them for all the damages in case I get denied for my mortgage application, and to send you a letter acknowledging their error.

this should get them moving pretty quickly.

i would also send a DV to the CA today and a prepare an ITS for the utility company in case the supervisor doesn't act right away.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pif oc but ca just showed up on cr

I pulled a report , and saw the collection  around dec 7. about a week later I went to the electric company and paid in full. I did get a receipt. I had moved and didnt get any notification from the ca.should I call the electric company First and see if they will pull the collection back. Thanks for your help
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the utility company, they informed me that they sent notification to the collection agency that the account was pif, and that it is up to that agency(solomon and solomon) as to there policy what happens to the account. I also dv the collection agency. Also what is ITS.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ITS= Intent to sue.

Did you pay the OC by check, CC, cash? Do you know if they transferred payment to the CA?

If the OC transferred payment to the CA, then other than possibly having a case against the CA for violations of FDCPA, I don't see you having any other reason to send ITS.

You could file ITS stating that the CA failed to notify you within 5 days of reporting(initial communications), which would be a violation of FDCPA 809, however if you paid within those 5 days, they don't have to send you anything in writing. If taken to court, it would your word against theirs whether they sent you anything or not. I think it would be a long shot and would be something you would have to decide for youself whether it is something worth pursuing or not.

You said you noticed it on December 7th, do you know when it was reported?

What date did you pay it?

ETA: Did you leave a forwarding address with the OC to send follow up bills to? Did you contact the OC after disconnect to get final bill amount?

Message Edited by sidewinder on 12-30-2008 08:00 PM
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid the oc cash and have receipt. I moved with my daughter, my name was not on the maibox so I didnt get final notice or anything from the ca. Got email that something changed on my  credit report 7th dec then I paid the balance in full on the 15th dec. Bad thing is I should have checked with electric company about not getting final bill. The oc said that solomon and solomon does there collections and that they sent them notification that I paid they said it was up to them as to what there procedure is as far as deleting from report.Thanks
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.