Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portfolio recovery associates

tag
rogersave
Regular Contributor

portfolio recovery associates

Does anyone have an updated email address for them? I have read about success stories regarding GW letters. I had a charge off with them that has been PIF about a year and a half ago. I would love to get this tradeline removed from all three credit reports. Thanks in advance, this site is great and so helpful  please PM if have the info

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Re: portfolio recovery associates

They have a form on their website that I've used (for another matter) and received a response the same day from an executive assistant.  I've heard people having success sending GWs this way as well.

Message 2 of 14
rogersave
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the reply, I just sent a letter thru the site. Hopefully I get a good response, wish me luck......

Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 3 of 14
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Good luck!  And do keep us updated.  I am currently paying off a debt with them and plan to GW them once it's all done.

Message 4 of 14
rogersave
Regular Contributor

I def will, thanks

Message 5 of 14
rogersave
Regular Contributor

ok so I just got off phone with PRA. I sent an email thru there site yestreday and recieved a generic response back with a number to call. spoke to a gentleman and he said they cannot delete. I informed him that it was not reporting correctly on my CR. On my report it said it was an open account  with a 0 balance and the current status was 120 plus days late. He admitted that was a mistake and they would update it to a closed account PIF with a 0 balance. I guess this is better than nothing for now. Will that adjustment help my credit score? I plan on GW them again once I get some email contacts. If anyone has one that worked please PM info  thanks!!!

Message 6 of 14
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Hi

I have PM'd  you the email address of someone that may be able to help you, he deleted mine when I emailed him and told him that it was reporting wrong. Best Wishes!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 7 of 14
dbslove
Contributor

Adalen,

I noticed you said you were paying off a debt with them,  did you call them to make an arrangement or are you settling the account? I have one with them for  my HSBC account I cant afford to pay the $575 all at once but I would like to pay it down and make arrangements to get it removed.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would greatly appreciate the email address or any contact information for PRA executives or managers. Currently I have a Capital One charge off with PRA and have used the email form on the website as well as the mailing address and the address of their CEO for PFD letters.

Message 9 of 14
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

dbslove, I called to make an arrangement.  It was before I knew about PFD but even then, I don't know that PRA will do a PFD.  I'd rather just pay it off and attempt to have it removed later.  I'm paying mine down over six months because it was about $1600 and I'm not dropping all that money on a CA at one time.

Also, for the record, I am paying them through a separate checking account where I don't keep all of my money.  If you plan to do an arrangement, pay them via mail or through a non primary account.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.