Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portofolio recovery

tag
martypav7
Contributor

portofolio recovery

my fico friends, quick question. PRA called my house number and when my wife answered they discussed my account with them without my consent.How to procceed with this. Some guy provided her every piece of information she asked him back.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: portofolio recovery

If you live in a state, like California, it may be permissable to share that info with a spouse. Also, she had to identify herself as you or your spouse to give them that permission. Check that you don't live in one of those states. If you do not, and she didn't identify herself as you, you can contact a consumer rights attorney for further action.

Message 2 of 3
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

Re: portofolio recovery

15 U.S. Code § 1692c. Communication in connection with debt collection

(a) Communication with the consumer generally  Without the prior consent of the consumer given directly to the debt collector or the express permission of a court of competent jurisdiction, a debt collector may not communicate with a consumer in connection with the collection of any debt—

(d) “Consumerdefined

For the purpose of this section, the termconsumerincludes the consumer’s spouse, parent (if the consumer is a minor), guardian, executor, or administrator.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.