Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre hipaa and no response yet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pre hipaa and no response yet

July 29 I mailed a pre hipaa/letter 1 to EQ. I mailed it CM but no RRR. It was recieved July 31. I have gotten nothing from EQ yet and its nearing the 30 day mark. What happens if I dont get a response from EQ by the 30 + 5 day for mailing?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: pre hipaa and no response yet

Is this med collection paid or unpaid?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

unpaid
Message 3 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

This is strange, I would expect this med coll to be verified since it's unpaid. If you do not receive a response after 35 days, send this modified pre-HIPAA dispute letter to EQ CMRRR.

Dear CRA,

Sir,

This is a dispute of account information on my credit report, (report #)

Please re-investigate (or investigate if you have not previously disputed) the following disputed account on my credit report. (give CA name and acct. #)

Please furnish me with verification that (CA name) is reporting this account from (OC name) for ($ amount) in my name. I require the identification of the reporting party and the date of their verification. Please be advised that this request is being made in accordance with the requirements of the FCRA and FACTA and the reporting privacy rules of the HIPAA and (your State)'s Medical Privacy Act.

Sincerely,

Message Edited by fused on 08-29-2008 12:49 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I can do that. However in the modified letter it says:

I have disputed this unknown medical account with the reporting Collection Agent, ( copy enclosed with proof of their receipt) and have had no response.

I have not DV or had any contact with the CA, despite all the phone calls.
Was I supposed to before starting the pre hipaa with the CRA?

Thanks
Message 5 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, I have been known to do this when I tired. Please look at my edited post above.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok THANKS Fused!!
That letter will be ready and mailed on Tuesday.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.