Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preHIPPA letter Help Please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

preHIPPA letter Help Please

I have two medical collections Im ready to take care of now.
I send the preHIPPA letter to any of the three CRAs to get the amount verified?
Does the CRA mail me the info?
Once I get the amount verified, then I send the HIPPA letter with payment to the OC and not the CA,correct?

Thanks in advance!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: preHIPPA letter Help Please

texasoklahoma wrote:
I have two medical collections Im ready to take care of now.
I send the preHIPPA letter to any of the three CRAs to get the amount verified?
Does the CRA mail me the info?
Once I get the amount verified, then I send the HIPPA letter with payment to the OC and not the CA,correct?

Thanks in advance!!

That is correct!!!   to be sure that the CRAs did there job & contacted the OC.....I would call the OC and get the exact amount owed!!!

By law the CRAs should contact the OC  but they do not always do that......CAs may have added fees that the OC doesn't know about  so just to be sure of the amount get it from the OC & send payment with the HIPPA letter.....make the check out to the OC & write on the back * for deposit only*!!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays....THANK YOU so much!!!
I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before I did it to avoid mistakes.
Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are more then welcome & I do understand wanting to be sure!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays.....my bad....more questions for you. Smiley Happy
If the same collection is on all 3 reports, do I send the preHippa letter CM no RR to each CRA or will just one do?
I will also call the OC to verify the amount like you suggested as well.

Also, I just bought all 3 CRs from myfico so how long does the CRA have to respond? Is it the 30+5 days or the 45+5 days?

One more question for now, the preHippa letter says "I have no knowledge or records of account # XXXXXX on my report #."
I have no report number but I have the date of the report. Will the date be ok since there is no report number?

Thanks again
Message 5 of 7
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

I have a similar situation, I have a medical collection on my CR so I went into the hospital and asked if they would take payment. They said yes and the collection "should" be taken off my credit report. Since I just paid the OC, what would be the next step. Send the HIPAA letter with the receipt of payment?
Fico's TU 613, EQ591, EX615
10-3-08
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.