Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

put into collections while I was deployed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

put into collections while I was deployed

I was put into collections by Comcast Cable through Enanced Recovery Company. The time that EHR recieved the account and when they put it into collections I was deployed. Upon returning home I payed Comcast in full the amount owed. My ex wife received a call who held no power of attorney and told them to call a different number and that's the only time anyone was contacted about the situation

Anyone have any advice is it time to talk to Navy Legal?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: put into collections while I was deployed

Contact Comcast and ask them to recall the debt from Enhanced.....if that doesn't work - call Enhanced.    Some of us have gotten weird messages when we call the number on our reports that tell us that they no longer have a collection department - if you are one of the lucky ones - dispute it as they have no collection authority -

You can also submit a copy of the payment to Comcast with your dispute as well.  

If that doesn't work - you might want to contact Navy Legal because Ik now there are rules about sending things off during deployments.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have called ERC and drafted a goodwill letter chick they denied. I called Comcast and they supposedly are sending a letter to ERC but I don't have very much confidence in them at this point.

I contacted the 3 credit bureaus and disputed on the fact that Comcast still held the debt and I paid them and not ERC and they shouldn't of reported to my credit report

I'm drafting up a deployment letter as well for verification that I was on deployment while this happened
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else with advice?
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still the same person -but I think you should do what you have and give it time to happen.   Nothing in the credit world is immediate......They have up to 30 days to investigate a dispute - so go ahead and file everything - but you will need to wait.

Your other option is to contact Comcast again and see if they will copy you on the letter that goes to ERC - then you would have that to submit to - but they probably won't send you a copy.

I had a cable bill that went to them - Cox said it could take 30 days for it to be removed.......It happened in about a week - but still, I would have given them the 30 days they said......  

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate it, I got a letter from ERC which was sent to their customer support which basically told me they will not delete the entry and I talked to a manager at ERC who basically said they only do what Comcast says.

I contacted Comcast EO and they filed a report for me and escalated it. I'll keep people updated maybe it will help someone else.
Message 6 of 21
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

First of all thank you for your service.

If Comcast don't remove it shortly, feel free to wright to your State Senator(Don't be shy). They are good about things like this and you should see quick respond. Also Attorney General can help too but they tend to take longer for result.

Comcast and Collection company dose not want a story like yours to go viral. But if they don't see it then so be it.
Last thing you want, is to have a derogatory remark effecting your credit for few years, specially in your situation.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response even though your a Patriots fan I appreciate the comments. I'm working with Comcast EO and they seem to be doing a lot for to to personally call ERC and get this removed. I will keep everyone updated on the situation as it unfolds.

GO BILLS!

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

And thank you for supporting my service. 

Message 9 of 21
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The account apparently was delinquent when referrred to the debt collector, and thus it appears to be a proper collection referral.

Payment of the debt to either the debt collector or the OC while the debt collector has collection authority is not basis for deletion of the reporting of the collection.

To the contrary, debt collectors are instructed per CRA policy in their credit reporting manual and reporting agreements not to delete their reporting based on payment of the debt. 

I thus dont see a basis for a dispute of the reporting of the collection or of their refusal to delete after the debt was paid.

What arrangements were made while you were deployed to ensure reasonable handling of your continued financial obligations?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.