Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about late payment reporting

tag
kittywitty
Contributor

question about late payment reporting

wells fargo is reporting me 90 days late for jan & february 2014 which was the last payment. they mailed me a detailed payment history and am wondering if they are even reporting correctly. the next to the last payment was paid 11/30/13 and it says my next payment was due 10/22/13 which would be the last payment. so 1/22/14 would be 90 days late but if they report on my statement date then it would had only been 60 days late for january. i made the last payment 2/17/14 can anyone tell me if i have a leg to stand on in my dispute? my concern is wells fargo just lost a class action lawsuit for incorrect credit reporting so i want to be sure they are not trying to just keep me in the crappy bank tier so no good bank will lend me money. my statement date is the 3rd so on jan 3rd they should had update to bureau's 60 days? they also had transunion reporting a month later on everything so they had me 90 days late in march so after dispute i only have one 90 day late on transunion for jan and nothing for feb. so confusing and i just don't trust them   they also just removed a status of not more then 4 payments past due which jumped my score by 15 points. i was never 4 payments past due.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: question about late payment reporting

I would think they would have to show a 30 and a 60 late before the 90. 

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA manual (the "Credit Reporting Resources Guide") defines reportability as 90 late as being 90-119 days past the original billing due date.

Stated differently, it is the total days that the debt has been delinquent.

Technically, the billing due date from the last billing statement is not the relevant date, it is the time since the due date when first delinqueny occured.

You can always make your argument that the last billing due date should be used, and hopefully the CRA will buy it, but technically, that is not the defining date.

Message 3 of 5
kittywitty
Contributor

so do most report this way? chase bank reported my status on my statement date. oh and wells fargo is reporting a bunch of 30 and 60 days late too. only 2 on time payments in 2013, was a rough year. it goes 90 90 60 60 60 30 30 ok 30 ok 60 30 60 30 i  paid 2 payments at once on occasion. i struggled to pay the car off and as soon as i did someone totalled it and apparently the $10,000 i paid in interest qualifies me for and extra 3% so 13% on another car even with almost half down. no thank you i am going to wait till i can get a great rate now so that the next one can be paid on time. probally going to take a long time but oh well atleast my car will be newer. lol.  in my defense i have 15 total lates and 10 of them were in the last year of the 72 month loan.

Message 4 of 5
kittywitty
Contributor

so if my first payment was due aug 2007 and i had a 75 month term then shouldn't my last payment be due nov 2013? they have it as oct and that is not 75 months.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.