cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about score gain from losing collections, but possible score loss do to rebucketing

tag
tbrooks
Valued Member

question about score gain from losing collections, but possible score loss do to rebucketing

i have 6 paid collections(paid off in 2008-del dates from 04-06) i have a transunion score of 701,eq score at 634.. the collection aggency is removing all of the collections this month. i was hoping for a huge score increase, but was curious if being rebucketed would actually hurt my scores because i have a target charge off from 2008 that was del from 2006.. and 9 lates on a mortage back in 2005. everything else on my credit reports are paid as agreed, no lates.  3 open cc with 10% util, no mortage or other open loans..

if i didnt have the stupid target charge off, i wouldnt be so worried about being rebucketed after i loose all the collecitons. wife opened a card in my name, never changed the address when we moved, and i didnt know anything about it until i received a letter and call at work in 2008. thats when i found myfico and stay on top of my credit now.

TU-DEC-2010-697
EQ-DEC-2010-684
EX-DEC-2010-707

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Re: question about score gain from losing collections, but possible score loss do to rebucketing

I can't say for sure...all I know is that I had the 1 CA on my EQ disappear a couple of days ago and my score went down 5 pts.  Go figure! Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.