cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Filed complaint against CA/JDB" . What does that mean??

tag
jkfaria
Valued Member

"Filed complaint against CA/JDB" . What does that mean??

On a recent thread, Uniqua wrote:

"Jax, be smart and don't even waste your time with NCO. Some company (forget the name) pulled the same number on me; however, they falsified the debt. I didn't even bother to call them or send any letters. I filed complaints against them immediately. Rather than have to go to court and spend a huge chunk of change to defend this fake debt, they happily responded to the complaint by saying they deleted the account information and they will never contact me again. Took all of 5 days to resolve."

What exactly does this mean, filed a complaint against them, with whom?  I've been harrassed by old debts/JDB's, been to court and they don't bother to show up, sent DV letters ($5 certified mail).  Just this year a particularly stubborn bunch Dominion Law Group sent yet another letter about an old debt which I chose to ignore and have not received a summons yet but expect anytime from these low-lifes. 

I'd just like to know what other action I could take as far as a complaint and to whom one would file this complaint.

This should probably be in the rebuilding forum, but I just read it here.

Thanks so much for any info!! 
EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Filed complaint against CA/JDB" . What does that mean??

jkfaria wrote:
On a recent thread, Uniqua wrote:

"Jax, be smart and don't even waste your time with NCO. Some company (forget the name) pulled the same number on me; however, they falsified the debt. I didn't even bother to call them or send any letters. I filed complaints against them immediately. Rather than have to go to court and spend a huge chunk of change to defend this fake debt, they happily responded to the complaint by saying they deleted the account information and they will never contact me again. Took all of 5 days to resolve."

What exactly does this mean, filed a complaint against them, with whom?  I've been harrassed by old debts/JDB's, been to court and they don't bother to show up, sent DV letters ($5 certified mail).  Just this year a particularly stubborn bunch Dominion Law Group sent yet another letter about an old debt which I chose to ignore and have not received a summons yet but expect anytime from these low-lifes. 

I'd just like to know what other action I could take as far as a complaint and to whom one would file this complaint.

This should probably be in the rebuilding forum, but I just read it here.

Thanks so much for any info!! 

You can file complaints with your AG, their AG, the BBB, the FTC.

But, I am unclear on what you are filing a complaint for.

Are they reporting on your CR? If so, are they reporting incorrectly?

Are they not responding to DV's, but continuing collection?

Most junk debt buyers buy debts past CRTP and/or SOL.

What is the SOL, DOFD, DOLA on the debts in question?

Why have you been to court, because they filed or you filed?

They can continue to try to collect a debt forever(unless you DV and they don't respond), law only says when they must stop reporting on your CR and when the time runs out to be sued for the debt ends.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.